We are seeking candidates who take pride in driving and sustaining product development through manufacturing. As an Arista Manufacturing Test Engineer, you will engage with Engineering, Platform Design, CM Partners, CA personnel and other business functions. You will get an opportunity to work with some of the smartest engineering and technical leaders in the industry.
- Support the development of new products and drive design for test excellence.
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the specification, design, development and test of hardware.
- Develop and implement test scripts using scripting language, such as Python.
- Develop web GUI interface for production test infrastructure and data mining using Web framework, such as Django and database, such as mysql.
- Develop Manufacturing test plan based on hardware and platform functional specs.
- Manage purchase, procurement and release of testing infrastructure to support new and sustaining products.
- Design for DFx : DFC, DFQ, DFM, DFR, DFT.
- Perform new product and sustaining test engineering functions.
- Evaluate technical readiness prior to release.
- DRT participation and leadership. Actively work with the Defect Reduction Team to identify product issues and drive resolutions.
- Manage and drive test yield improvements.
- Interface/engage with Engineering, Platform Engineering, Marketing, TAC and CM Partners.
- Establish technical direction through the investigation and evaluation of new test technologies.
- Debug complex system level problems.
- Provide hardware debug mentorship to contract manufacturing test engineers and debug technicians. Ensures that Manufacturing receives the required level of product training.
- Improve manufacturing operations test processes and actively enhance efficiency, consistency, cost avoidance, and customer satisfaction.
- Drive the evaluation and enhancement of the engineering design verification process with the goal of releasing zero design defects to production.
- Work in conformance to established manufacturing test processes and procedures.
- Develop test process and best practice documentation.
- 7-10+ years of experience in Manufacturing Test/Sustaining Engineering.
- Hands on capability to develop and implement test scripts using scripting language, Python strongly preferred.
- Expertise with web based GUI interface for production test infrastructure and data mining using Web framework, (Django experience a plus) and database (mysql experience a plus).
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration, software revision control(Perforce), and software distribution (RPM)
- Development of Manufacturing test plans based on hardware and platform functional specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to establish technical direction through the investigation and evaluation of new test technologies.
- Expertise in networking products related to routing, switching and data center.
- Expertise in some or all of Design for DFx : DFT, DFM, DFQ, DFR, DFC.
- Excellent knowledge of complex system level debugging and root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, test, quality and reliability best practices.
- BS or MS degree.