Arista Networks is seeking a candidate to provide pre-sales technical support and technical expertise to Arista Networks customers and partners.
- Perform hands-on work with customers during product evaluations and post-sales
- Perform hands-on tests to validate customer proof-of-concept setups, network designs, and network deployments using new products and features
- Put together design guidelines and recommend improvements to customers for the networks they support
- Provide feedback to product management and engineering
- Keep up-to-date on competitive solutions, products, and services
- Author whitepapers on technology and products
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree.
- 5+ years work experience with enterprise-level network design and deployment
- Experience on Cisco data center switching platforms e.g. Nexus series platforms N7k, 6k, 5k, 3k, 2k, 6500s
- Hands-on experience with enterprise-class routers and switches; Cisco IOS/NX-OS, Juniper OS
- Proficient with the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring of core LAN/WAN/ MAN services
- Proficient in routing protocols: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP, Multicast, RFC based protocols
- Understanding of IP concepts including routing, VLAN's, QoS, tuning and capacity management concepts
- Ability to work in a team, project management, documentation
- Worked at another switching vendor as systems engineer, such as, Cisco or Juniper
- Data networking certifications i.e. CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE strongly preferred.
- Working in large enterprise networks is desired. The ability to work under pressure and interface with management.
- Have basic programming background with UNIX, PERL, Python, HTML, Java, C++
- Knowledge on SDN, Openstack, Big Data, Hadoop, Cloud Data Centers, ESX Servers, and Virtualization
- Knowledge on network monitoring, automation, network availability and capacity planning.
Arista is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.