Arista is looking for world class technical solutions engineers to support our campus networking products and solutions. A Technical Solutions Engineer at Arista Networks is equivalent to a Tier 3 TAC or Escalation Engineer in most support organizations. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of one of the fastest growing technology companies (#8 on Fortune's 100 Fastest-Growing Companies) as we continue the growth and expansion, with a focus on the Enterprise and Campus markets.
- Post-sales technical support of Arista Campus products and solutions.
- Respond to customer product inquiries via telephone or in written, internet-based email.
- Resolve customer concerns raised during installation, operation, maintenance, product application or compatibility matters.
- Troubleshoot problems with hardware equipment and software applications and recommend corrective action.
- Recreate customer network issues in a dedicated lab environment (as needed).
- Document customer communication and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
Required Education, Product Knowledge And Technical Skills:
- Bachelors in CS/CompNet/EE or similar
- Working knowledge of networking industry, products, and protocols
- Minimum of 2-3 years hands-on experience and a combination of the following ; designing, deploying, configuring, troubleshooting the following wireless and network protocols/technologies for wide-scale enterprise clients:
- Wireless mesh networking
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (Wave 1, Wave 2)
- RF fundamentals / MIMO
- Wireless clients and drivers
- Wireless security (WEP, WAP, WPA2)
- Authentication protocols - EAP, LEAP, PEAP
- AAA/RADIUS/TACACS, ACL, ARP, DHCP, 1G/10G Ethernet (IEEE 802.3ab & IEEE 802.3ae), ICMP, IPv4 & IPv6, LACP, STP/RSTP/MST (IEEE 802.1d), VLAN (IEEE 802.1q), MAC Learning
- Experienced in implementation and troubleshooting of campus wireless deployments including guest access
- Experienced in controller configuration and indoor wireless solutions
- Experience with wired and wireless packet capture/analysis tools is highly desired
- A strong comfort level with Linux is highly desired
The ideal candidate possesses the ability to troubleshooting complex and dynamic customer environments while balancing the communications needs of each case. A strong analytical mind is required, as is the ability to triage. As we are continually releasing new features and products, a high aptitude for both learning and teaching are required.
Our engineers work closely with other members of Customer Engineering as well as both Software and Hardware development teams -- both in diagnosing problems as well as communicating them in multiple technical contexts. Thus, excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is a collaborative approach.
Arista is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.