Arista is a public company founded and funded by well-known Silicon Valley veteran Andy Bechtolsheim. Arista is developing cutting edge network solutions to address the scalability, performance, and reliability requirements of large scale HPC and Web data centers.
We are looking for experienced, self-motivated, and team oriented board design engineers to create industry leading Cloud Networking Ethernet switches.
Candidates for this position would be responsible for the entire hardware design process:
- Authoring Functional Specifications
- Selecting and Qualifing Components
- Schematic Capture
- Working closely with PCB Layout (CAD)
- Overseeing and specifying PCB fabrication
- Working closely with Contract Manufacturer (CM) during all builds, from proto through production
- Lab bringup and debug
- Qualifying Components
- Training CM for high yield test and manufacturing
- 3 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience designing Networking Hardware, particularly Ethernet switching
- High layer count boards
- Gigabit+ signaling experience
- High speed (>150MHz) parallel buses, SDR and DDR
- 802.3 IEEE compliance
- Writing specifications and drawing schematics for high complexity boards
- Working closely with CAD designers on complicated layout and routing
- Working closely with Software engineers for bringup and debug
- Familiarity with signal integrity and power integrity concepts such as impedance, differential routing, insertion loss, board stackups
- Experience designing for Manufacturability
- FPGA design using Verilog
- System simulation using Verilog
- Working with Contract Manufacturers
- Successfully taking products from concept to production
We're hiring Hardware Engineer, Board Design in:
- Santa Clara, CA.
Arista is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.