Arista Networks is looking for world-class software engineers to join our team to help us design and develop a next-generation, web-based provisioning, monitoring, analytics and visualization interface to allow network operators to better configure, monitor, and control their networks. You will be part of a fast paced, high caliber team building the software for products used to build the industry's largest data center networks.
At Arista, you will own your projects from definition to deployment, and you will be responsible for the quality of everything you deliver. You will also have the opportunity to do full-stack development, including server-side technologies like Go, HBase, Kafka, Hadoop.
This role demands a strong and broad software engineering background. Your role will not be limited to any single aspect of software development at Arista, but will cover all aspects of software development spanning the addition of new features, debugging problems and fine tuning code for scalability and performance.
- Architect, design, and develop features and solutions. Develop tests for all code to ensure quality. Fix bugs and refactor code as needed
- Review and contribute to the specifications and implementations written by another team members
- Provide technical leadership across features, projects and tools
- Work with Customer Support Engineers to analyze problems in customer networks and provide fixes. for those problems when needed in the form of new software releases or software patches
- Work with the System Test Engineers to analyze problems found in their tests and provide fixes for those problems
- Mentor new and junior engineers to bring them up to speed in Arista's software development environment
- At least BS Computer Science + 3 years’ experience, or MS Computer Science + 2 years’ experience, Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Have developed and deployed several significant single-page applications, and understand the problems that can occur and how to solve them
- Experience with UI/UX design, Network Monitoring, machine learning or data analytics is a plus
About ARISTA NETWORKS:
Arista Networks was founded to pioneer and deliver software-driven cloud networking solutions for large data center storage and computing environments. Arista’s award-winning platforms, ranging in Ethernet speeds from 10 to 100 gigabits per second, redefine scalability, agility and resilience. Arista has shipped more than 10 million cloud networking ports worldwide with CloudVision and EOS, an advanced network operating system. Committed to open standards, Arista is a founding member of the 25/50GbE consortium. Arista Networks products are available worldwide directly and through partners.
At the core of Arista's platform is the Extensible Operating System (EOSTM), a ground-breaking network operating system with single-image consistency across hardware platforms, and modern core architecture enabling in-service upgrades and application extensibility.
We're hiring Software Engineer, Web/Data in:
- Vancouver, Canada
Arista is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.