Arista APAC is looking for a Technical Solutions Engineer based in Bangalore, India. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to troubleshooting complex and dynamic customer environments while balancing the communications needs for customer support issues. A strong analytical mind is required, as is the ability to triage. As we are continually releasing new features and products, a high aptitude for both learning and teaching are required.
Our engineers work closely with other members of Customer Engineering as well as both Software and Hardware development - both in diagnosing problems as well as communicating them in multiple technical contexts. Thus, excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is a collaborative approach.
Candidates must be experienced in networking and troubleshooting L2/L3 devices.
Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent listening, presentation, and writing skills
- Must have very strong customer and intrapersonal skills.
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of Networking industry, products and protocols.
- Understanding of networking architectures and protocols is critical.
- Strong troubleshooting experience in hardware and software protocols.
- Strong competence in Routing and /or Switching domain.
- Strong operating and troubleshooting knowledge in 3 or more of the following areas:
- Networking Protocols - Strong understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP, IPv6, Ethernet protocols
- Switching technologies (L1/L2 technologies: Ethernet, VLAN/Trunking, QinQ, STP, RSTP, xPVSTP, MSTP)
- Routing Protocol Knowledge (RIP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, BGP) skills required.
- Experience with Multicast protocols (IGMP, PIM), MPLS, and various WAN protocols
- Strong Understanding of First Hop Redundancy protocols
- Network Design and Implementation
- Network Virtualization / Cloud Computing
- Understanding of IPSEC VPNs.
- A strong comfort level with Linux is highly desired.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, shell etc)
- Experience with troubleshooting tools such as IXIA, tcpdump and wireshark (or similar packet generation and analysis tools).
- Network design knowledge is highly desirable
- Technical knowledge of virtualization platforms and technologies
- Understanding of methods of attacks (DoS, portscan, Worms and Trojans, spoofing), Secure Management (SSL, SSH)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or relevant engineering/science fields.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Industry certifications and prior TAC experience is preferred.
- Interface with other global Technical Solutions Engineers in expediting resolution to the customer’s issues.
- Responds to customer product inquiries via telephone or in written internet-based email.
- Resolves customer concerns raised during installation, operation, maintenance or product application or compatibility matters. Follow-up may include duplicating basic problems, if necessary, in the lab requiring standard setup and working with engineering staff to resolve non-routine issues.
- Troubleshoots problems with hardware equipment and software applications and recommends corrective action.
- Follow-up may include duplicating basic problems, if necessary, in the lab requiring standard setup and working with engineering staff to resolve non-routine issues.
- Documents customer communication and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
- Provides technical guidance to customers, partners & advanced Services.
- Participate in presales activities such as demos, presentations, and proof of concepts
Send your resume to email@example.com
Arista is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.