As Arista’s Senior Director of Global Supply Chain Operations, you will be leading impactful global teams responsible for the operational excellence of CM PCBA & ODM Operations, New Product Introduction Materials Management, Global Supply Management and Sourcing, Supply Chain Sustainability, Corporate Purchasing, Product and Standard Cost Management and Data Analysis teams.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Drive supply chain design, selection, and performance to enable growth, improve operational and financial results, and enhance customer responsiveness.
- Full ownership for entire procurement process and complete accountability for Arista’s Supply Chain performance (cost, quality, delivery)
- Identify and execute aggressive strategic, growth, operational, quality, project, and financial goals and plans with relevant metrics to drive performance
- Establish/improve/simplify and document processes, tools and systems to economically increase customer satisfaction and intimacy, increasing competitive differentiation.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure continuity-of-supply and drive timely resolution of supply escalations and shortages to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Mitigate excess and obsolescence (E&O), PPV and scrap and other COGS (OCOGS)
- Aggressively drive quarterly cost negotiations and closure of key term sheets and MPAs with Arista’s key suppliers
- Meet or exceed cost targets and assure supplier ramp readiness (capacity, factory, compliance, material management, etc.) to meet time-to-market launch and time-to-quality and volume ramp.
- Partner with engineering to align technology readiness for product roadmaps. Accountability for supplier performance (cost, delivery, quality, technology)
- Support due-diligence activities, rapidly assess and implement activities to integrate acquisition supply chains to Arista
- Provide key input and direction in planning and implementing a successfully transition of ERP systems.
- Build/manage a high-performing team with requisite subject matter experts and many candidates for upward succession and/or potential impactful project and rotational assignments
- Lead as a member of the senior management team to optimize overall company short and long term profitability and customer satisfaction.
Qualifications & Skills:
- ~20 years of Supply Chain and Sourcing/Procurement experience and managing supply chain and/or engineering teams, ideally in the networking industry with proven track record of success.
- MBA or Master's degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent practical experience.
- A thorough knowledge of supply chain, commodities, purchasing and the ability to forecast trends and market pressures to help minimize supply risks and financial volatility
- Broad business knowledge with outstanding analytical, organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of strategic planning, production planning and execution, supply chain management, measurement systems & data analysis and statistics.
- Experience in setting up CM sites, transferring products between sites and running and optimizing a global outsourced manufacturing supply chain including in depth experience with ODMs and Distribution
- Ability to lead large teams and major programs, with strong understanding of how to positively impact P&L/operations.
- Ability to set direction, innovate, and motivate teams despite ambiguities.
- Ability to establish strong partnerships with suppliers that deliver value to Arista with expert negotiation skills
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work effectively outside of the sphere of direct influence, have strong leadership skills and be able to communicate clearly
- Adept at influencing senior leadership and building partnerships internally
- Must be a motivational leader who engages the team through enthusiasm and excitement about the business
- Strong mentor, teacher and communicator who can develop a performance-oriented team and build a strong bench of talent
- Proven track record in change management
- Must have the strategic capability to devise short- and long-term Procurement and Supply Chain strategies, balanced by operational capability to implement them.
- Ability to adapt to altering situations, to persist despite setbacks, and to get things done.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, & Netsuite/Oracle ERP systems
Percentage of Travel: 15% - 25%
Arista is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.