CloudVision Portal (CVP) enables you to manage configurations by assigning configurations to containers and to devices. Configurations that you assign to containers are applied to all devices under the container's hierarchy. CVP also enables you to easily view the configuration currently assigned to containers and devices.
Applying Configurations to Containers
Applying configurations to containers involves adding Configlets to containers or removing Configlets from containers.
- Locate the container.
- Right-click the container and choose Manage >Configlet. This will open the window display the inventory of configlets.
- Select the configlet and click Update. This will provision configlet add for the container and all the devices under it.
To remove the configlet inventory from a container.
- Locate the container.
- Right-click the container and choose Manage>Configlet .
- Remove the configlets.
Applying Configurations to a Device
Applying configurations to devices involves adding Configlets to devices.
- Select the device and choose Manage > Configlets.
This loads the configlet inventory screen.
- Select the configlets.
You are required to validate the configuration.
- To validate the configurations, select Validate.
The validation screen will be loaded.
- Select Save to propose a Config Assign action.
When saving the session, this will spawn a Config Assign task.
Viewing the Configuration Applied to Devices
CloudVision Portal (CVP) enables you to use the Network Provisioning screen to view the configuration (Confliglets) currently assigned to devices. When you view the Configlets, you can also see which Configlets are inherited from Containers, and which are applied directly to the device.
- Go to the Network Provisioning screen.
- Make sure you are using the topology view, not the list view.
- Click on the device in the topology.
- Click the Configlet icon.
The Configlets applied to the device are listed in a drop-down list.
- If a Configlet is inherited from a Container to which the device belongs, the Container icon appears in front of the Configlet name.
- If a Configlet is directly applied to the device, no Container icon is shown next to the Configlet name.
Rolling Back Configurations Assigned to a Device
CloudVision's Network Rollbacks feature enables you to restore a previous configuration to devices. You can apply the rollback to all the devices in a container, or to single devices. When you rollback a container or device, you select the date and time for the rollback and whether you want to rollback the configuration or EOS image (or both).
See Rolling Back Images and Configurations for details.