Telemetry Platform Components
Arista's streaming Telemetry platform consists of a set of components, all of which are essential to the proper operation of the platform.
The components of the Telemetry platform are:
NetDB State Streaming Component
The NetDB State Streaming component is an agent that runs on Arista switches. It is the Telemetry platform component that streams device-state data from devices to the CloudVision Analytics Engine, which is the back-end component of platform.
CloudVision Analytics Engine Component
The CloudVision Analytics Engine is the back-end component of the Telemetry platform. It is a set of processes that run on CVP. Collectively, the processes perform the following operations:
- Receives all of the device-state data streamed by the NetDB State Streaming component from devices that have been configured to stream device-state data.
- Runs automated data analysis on the device-state data received from the NetDB State Streaming component. The analytics processes aggregate the device-state data across devices, monitor device state, and generate events if something goes wrong. The processes also normalize data so it is easier for other applications to use.
- Stores all of the streamed device-state data received from the NetDB State Streaming component, and then makes the stored data available in CloudVision.
- Provides CloudVision Analytics Engine Viewer, which is referred to as the Aeris Browser. You use it to directly view device-state data received from devices that have been configured to stream device-state data. The Aeris Browser enables you to view raw device-state data.
- REST and Websocket based APIs are available to programatically get data from the CloudVision Analytics Engine. Contact your Arista Sales Engineer for more information.