Cloud-Grade Routing - Overview
The fabric of the Internet is evolving. Modern architectures are required to deliver cloud-centric services in e-commerce, content, gaming, fintech, and many other fields. Cloud, Mobile Edge Computing, 5G and the Internet of Things (IoT) are among the key drivers in the fundamental shift in architecture. These cloud-centric services and their delivery need more bandwidth, higher security and next-generation routing architectures that are flexible, agile and resilient. Arista has pioneered the application of cloud networking principles to core routing. The transformation of legacy networks by applying the principles of scale-out, simplify and automate is delivered by Arista’s 7280R3 Universal Leaf and 7500R3 and 7800R3 Universal Spine platforms, powered by Arista EOS® and CloudVision®. The R-series fixed system portfolio offers a rich breadth of connectivity options with a range systems from 800Gbps to 21.6Tbps in 1 and 2 U. The 7280R3 compact modular router and expanded choices in the 800G ready 7800R3 series scales all the way to 460 Tbps or 576 ports of 400G with a single consistent architecture. Customers can leverage these platforms for roles that require high performance routing, combined with high port density and deep buffers, integrated DWDM with wirespeed encryption, managed via cloud automation, which legacy router platforms are not able to offer. Arista’s portfolio allows customers the following benefits:
- A choice of high performance platforms from Arista’s market leading 100G/400G portfolio for a variety of use cases - High speed Multi-Cloud connect, Controller based traffic engineering, peering, business VPNs, core routing, Secure Enterprise Edge and more
- Lower OpEx by leveraging native programmability and NetDevOps workflow integration for consistent automation for compute and networking deployments
- A consistent operational model across multiple PICs (Places in the cloud), whether it is in peering, edge, data center or WAN interconnect. The consistent operational model is delivered via single EOS image across all platforms and CloudVision to help deliver modern automation, compliance, telemetry and analytics
Arista Routing solutions cater to a wide variety of use cases for Cloud, Service Provider and Enterprises. Highlights include:
- Support for up to 5M+ Routes in hardware, with Arista FlexRouteTM engine and EOS NetDLTM on R-series platforms, with best-in-class Route convergence
- Innovations in Security and Observability with Arista Algorithmic Match include accelerated sFlow, at high density 100G/ 400G, ACL scale, IPv6, and Wirespeed encryption with standards based MACsec, IPsec and innovative TunnelSecTM at 10Gbps to 400Gbps across all ports.
- Support for various tunneling technologies including VXLAN, MPLS, GRE, MPLSoGRE etc and programmable traffic steering
- Support for MPLS - LDP, Segment Routing (SR), RSVP Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE), EPE with BGP Labeled Unicast (BGP LU) and BGP Link State (BGP LS)
- Support for various Network Virtualization solutions such as BGP EVPN for variety of use cases including Data Center, Data Center Interconnects, WAN (L3VPN, L2VPN, EVPN VPWS) and Multicast (EVPN Multicast)
- To enable devops/ transport-ops, EOS provides object based models with OpenConfig, Go, Python and Ruby, a REST-like interface using native CLI commands, native Go and Python on box scripting, ability to develop native high performance applications using EOS SDK as well as native Linux APIs and scripting
- EOS NetDB provides real-time state streaming and analytics for live monitoring and historic forensic troubleshooting. Arista NetDL builds onto the centralized NetDB architecture that aggregates all of the device state data from hundreds of network devices into a common, time-series, database using OpenConfig data models
The links above are for the viewer’s convenience, and Arista has not reviewed and is not responsible for their content.