Rack Mounting the Switch
Les procédure de montage du bâti est identique pour tous les commutateurs visés par ce guide.
- Two-Post or Four-Post Rack Mount provides instructions for mounting the switch in a two-post or four-post rack.
After completing the instructions for your rack type, proceed to Cabling the Switch.
Two-Post or Four-Post Rack Mount
The switch can be installed in a two-post or four-post rack. The installation process is identical because the switch attaches to only two posts of a rack.
To mount the switch in a rack, assemble the mounting brackets to the chassis, then attach the brackets to the rack posts. Rack mount accessory kits include the following parts:
- Six M4x5 flat head Phillips screws.
The following figure displays proper bracket placement for rack mount.
Attaching Mounting Brackets to the Chassis
This procedure attaches mounting brackets to the switch chassis.
- Align the mounting brackets with the chassis holes at the front of the switch.
- Attach the brackets with two M4x5 flat head Philips screws as shown in the following figure.
Inserting the Switch into the Rack
This procedure attaches the switch to the rack.
- Lift the chassis into the rack. Position the flanges against the rack posts.
- Select mounting screws that fit your equipment rack.
- Attach the bracket flanges to the rack posts.
After completing the rack mount, proceed to Cabling the Switch.
Flat Surface Placement
The switch is prepared for flat surface placement by attaching four rubber pads on the bottom of the chassis to prevent the switch from sliding on the table and to protect the surface of the table.
The installation kit provides the following flat surface placement parts.
- Four rubber switch pads
|1||Sheet with four rubber pads|
To prepare the switch for placement on a flat surface, peel the four rubber pads from the master sheet and attach one in each indentation near each corner on the bottom of the switch.
The following figure displays the rubber pads placement on the bottom of the switch.