Observe these guidelines to avoid ESD damage when installing or servicing the appliance.
- Assemble or disassemble equipment only in a static-free work area.
- Use a conductive work surface (such as an anti-static mat) to dissipate static charge.
- Wear a conductive wrist strap to dissipate static charge accumulation.
- Minimize handling of assemblies and components.
- Keep replacement parts in their original static-free packaging.
- Remove all plastic, foam, vinyl, paper, and other static-generating materials from the work area.
- Use tools that do not create ESD.