Redeploy CVP VM Tool
- Something goes wrong during deployment.
- If you want to do a destructive upgrade. Used to delete the virtual CVP disks.
- Locate the disks and tool package (cvp-<version>-kvm.tgz) in the CloudVision Portal folder for your version. (You can download the package from https://www.arista.com.)
- SSH into the CV appliance Host OS.
- Backup CVP data using the CVP tool as documented in the CloudVision Configuration Guide under Upgrading CVP in the subsection titled Backup and Restore (recommended).
- Copy wget cvp-<version>-kvm.tgz package into the CVA host OS under a new directory.
- Extract tar -zxvf cvp-*-kvm.tgz disk1.qcow2.
- Run it as follows:
/cva/scripts/redeployCvpKvmVm.py --disk1 disk1.qcow2 [--mem <mem gb>] [--cpu <vcpu count>] [--data-size </data disk size>] [--cdrom <cvp config iso>]usage: redeployCvpKvmVm.py [-h] [-c CDROM] --disk1 DISK1 [--mem MEM] [--cpu CPU] [--data-size DATA_SIZE]Note:
Use caution before using redeployCvpKvmVm.py as this will stop and restart your VM and delete all your VM disks i.e. data. BACKUP your VM data prior to running this, as suggested in step 3.