Arista Cognitive Cloud Networking for the Campus takes a simplified approach to addressing campus network challenges compared to the siloed complexity of legacy solutions. Based on the same open cloud networking principles used to build modern cloud datacenters, Arista’s Cognitive Cloud Networking leverages EOS® and CloudVision®, extending the Universal Cloud Network (UCN) architecture to the campus. Leveraging a consistent software-driven approach reduces complexity, leads to higher reliability and performance and streamlines automation, monitoring and security.
Arista’s Cognitive Cloud Networking for the Campus is based on three principles:
Universal Cloud Network - Offered as an alternative to brittle, proprietary solutions from legacy vendors, Arista UCN is an open, standards-based design focusing on software-driven control principles. Arista’s collapsed Spline™ architecture, utilizing its spine, POE 720 Series and 750 Series leaf switches, and Wi-Fi platforms, consolidates campus layers into simpler topologies that reduce costs and improve reliability.
Cognitive Management Plane - There is a dire void in management plane consistency and a need for data-driven analytics in the campus, as in the data center. Arista believes that a common model can be applied across both, saving customers operational costs. The Cognitive Management Plane, based on Arista CloudVision is a data-driven repository for the automated actions across network analytics. Cognitive management applies artificial intelligence to identify the root cause of faults and to monitor user experience.
Securing The Campus - Securing the Campus spline requires a holistic approach to network segmentation, encryption, device compliance and auditing, as well as service integration with Arista’s security partners. Arista delivers these capabilities through EOS and CloudVision. Arista campus leaf switches provide non sampled flow analytics to CloudVision and third party consumers of IPFIX. CloudVision provides graphical representation of who is talking to whom and other flow information to simplify visualization of campus workloads.
- .Jayshree Ullal's Blog: Unveiling Cognitive Campus Networking
- .Ken Duda's Blog: CloudVision: A Cognitive Management Plane
- .ESG Report: Cognitive Networking with the Arista Campus Solution
- .TAO Case Study
- .Merseyrail Case Study
- .Walsh University Case Study
- .Noodles Company Case Study
- .EPB Case Study
- .UAX Case Study
- .Fireman Hospitality Group Case Study
- .JCT600 Case Study
- .Cognitive Campus White Paper
- .Introduction to Cognitive PoE
- .Arista WIPS and the Marker Packet White Paper
- .Migrating Your Controller-based WLAN to Arista Cognitive WiFi White Paper
- .Security of the Arista WiFi Cloud White Paper
- .Arista WIPS White Paper
- .Arista Cognitive WiFi Solution Brief
- .Arista Guest WiFi Solution Brief
- .Arista Higher Ed at Glance Solution Brief
- .Arista Higher Ed Use Cases
- .Accessing IT Resources Securely, with Single Sign On