As technology evolves, there comes a time when it is better for our customers to transition to newer platforms. Arista's End-of-Sale and End-of-Life policy is designed to help customers identify such life-cycle transitions and plan their infrastructure deployments with a multi year outlook.
All End-of-Sale and End-of-Life announcements will be made on Arista's website. As of September 2018 Arista is extending some of the timelines for related milestones in the life cycle of our products as follows:
- An End-of-Sale announcement will be posted on our website 6 months prior to the last day to order the product
- All customers who have a valid service contract will receive 24x7 support from Arista TAC for up to 5 years from the end-of-sale date of the product. This last day to get support will be referred to as the end-of-life date for the product.
- Software bug fixes will be available for up to 3 years from the end-of-sale date. Fixes for critical security vulnerabilities will be available through the end of life. Customers may be required to upgrade to a newer software release to get the bug fixes.
- Hardware repair or replacement will be available for up to 5 years from the end-of-sale date.
- Customers can renew service contracts up to 1 year prior to the end-of-life date.
End-of-Sale & End-of-Life Milestones at a Glance
|Milestone||6 Months Prior||End of Sale||1 Year||2 Year||3 Year||4 Year||5 Year|
|Last day to Order the product (End-of-Sale)||X|
|Add or attach new service contracts||X|
|Last day to receive software bug fixes||X|
|Renew existing service contracts||X|
|Last day to receive 24x7 TAC support (with valid service contract)||X|
|Last day for hardware support (hardware replacement or repair, with valid service contract)||X|
|End of Life of the product||X|