Connect the Access Point to the Network
- Ensure that a DHCP server is available on the network to enable network configuration of the AP.
- Add the DNS entry wifi-security-server on all DNS servers. This entry must point to the IP address of the server.
- Ensure that DHCP is running on the subnet to which the AP is connected.
- Check the LEDs on the AP to ensure that it is connected to the server.
- Log on to the server using ssh and run the get sensor list command.
You will see a list of all Arista devices that are recognized by the server. Single Sign-On users can go to the Monitor tab in CloudVision WiFi and check whether the device is visible under the Monitor tab.
Connect the Access Point using PoE
If you are using a PoE injector, make sure the data connection is plugged into a suitable switch port with proper network connectivity.
For PoE port details, see the Rear Panel section.