MetaMux is a network application designed for Arista's FPGA-enabled switches performing multiplexing/aggregation of incoming streams in an average of 39 ns*.
The MetaMux application provides a configurable number of multiplexer (mux) options all the way from 48:1 down to multiple 4:1 mux instances. To allow for the situation where multiple packets arrive at the multiplexer at the same time, Metamux will queue packets in input buffers to ensure contending packets can be sent on the link. Buffer utilization and statistics are available from the device.
MetaMux performs packet multiplexing with significantly lower latency than the best conventional switches, making it extremely useful for connecting trading machines directly to exchanges, for example. Its latency is significantly lower whilst offering the same level of industry standard monitoring and management as traditional switches.
|Ultra-fast Multiplexing in 39 ns||Aggregate streams from multiple sources into a single stream for hand-off to exchanges, microwave links, or WAN links. Configurable as many N:1 multiplexers.|
|Deterministic||Know and rely upon your system's latency for fairness, or to get the best execution environment for all your orders. Without contention MetaMux aggregation latency varies by +/- 7 ns.|
|Complete Packet Statistics||Receive per port counters from the MetaMux application and the Layer 1 switch; useful for accounting, statistics, diagnosis and troubleshooting for both ingress and egress.|
|Support for BGP and PIM*||Exchanges may require a Layer 3 network device supporting BGP and PIM.|
|Easy to Monitor and Manage||Arista provides a complete range of additional features including:
- Arista 7130L Series with embedded Xilinx FPGA:
- Devices with the 'L' development standard feature an average latency of 42ns.
- Devices with the 'LB' development standard feature an average latency of 39ns.
- Arista 7130E Series with embedded Xilinx FPGA(s), with a slightly higher latency*.
- .MetaWatch Product Brief
- .MetaMux Product Brief
- .MetaProtect Product Brief
- .ExchangeApp Product Brief
- .MultiAccess Product Brief
- .SwitchApp Product Brief
- .Developer Product Brief
- .An Overview of Arista Ethernet Capture Timestamps
- .5 Ways to Optimise Exchange Connectivity Latency
- .5 Things to Consider When Choosing an FPGA Platform
- .Measuring the Absolute Accuracy of 10GbE Packet Timestamping
- .Four Key Trends in the Networked use of FPGAs
- .STAC-TS™ BENCHMARKS - Accuracy of Network Timestamping and Burst Capacity of Capture
- .Case Study: Electronic trading firm gains ultra-low latency exchange connectivity with Arista
- .Case Study: Deutsche Börse Group monitors every trade with Arista
- .Case Study: Enyx chooses Arista to accelerate ultra-low latency solutions for major financial Service Providers