Arista 7130E Series FPGA-enabled switches
The 7130E Series devices leverage FPGA technology to enable the development and deployment of cutting-edge network applications. Available in 48 SFP+ port options, the 7130 is multiple devices in one; performing layer 1+ switching in only 5 ns, enabling unrestricted access to an onboard FPGA and containing an x86_64 server. The Arista 7130E Series supports the EH_Leaf and EH_Central development standards.
The devices provide Layer 1+ configurable features such as dynamic patching, tapping, one-to-many replication, media conversion, packet stats and precise timestamping. They also include the following functionality:
- Up to 3 FPGAs on a single device
- 5 ns layer 1 switching between front panel ports
- 3 ns latency from front panel to FPGA
- Best of breed FPGA partners
- Various specifications for RAM and Transceivers
- Development toolkits and low-latency IP Cores
The Arista 7130E Series is optimised for Arista's MetaMux network application and can equally be leveraged to run 3rd party partner applications. FPGA application developers can utilise the platform to deploy and deliver their performance critical apps. On top of the market-leading FPGA functionality, the devices combine a multitude of Layer 1+ network functionality on to the same devices:
- Signal regeneration
- Port mirroring
- Dynamic patching/link management
- Ad-hoc tapping without rewiring
- Layer 1+ statistics on every link
- Media conversion
- Telemetry and more
Robust Switches with Comprehensive Feature Sets
|Fan-out with 5 ns of latency, equivalent to a single metre of fiber or copper interconnect, and insignificant jitter.
|Integrated with existing FPGA tools
|Reduce costs by converting between different Ethernet media types e.g. one end of a link can be twinax and the other 10GBASE-LR single-mode fiber.
|Layer 1+ functionality
|Save rack space and reduce complexity by leveraging dynamic patching, tapping, one-to-many replication, telemetry and comprehensive port statistics on a single device.
|Avoid the need to build features in-house by leveraging Arista's access control, syslog, SNMP, packet stats, tcpdump, JSON RPC API, time series data, streaming telemetry and more - included as standard within the 7130 Series.
|Easy app deployment
|Streamline operational processes through Arista's built-in application infrastructure which allows developers to wrap applications into simple packages for deployment.
|Deploy FPGA applications with ease - the FPGA platform integrates with a 64-bit x86 management processor and the MOS or EOS Operating systems to provide user extensible solutions.
|Fan-out with 5 ns of latency, equivalent to a single metre of fiber or copper interconnect, and aggregate in 45 ns.
7130E Series Devices
|7130E Series Devices
|SSD Drive Bay
|Xilinx Virtex® UltraScaleTM VU9P
|56 central/14 leaf
- .7130 Connect S Series
- .7130B Datasheet
- .7130E Series
- .7130LS Series
- .7130LBR Datasheet
- .7132LB Datasheet
- .7135LB Datasheet
- .E-Series Optical Transceivers Q & A
- .Layman’s Guide to Layer 1 Switching
- .5 Questions to ask before buying a Layer 1 switch
- .Measuring the latency of a 4ns switch
- .Determinism is the new latency
- .Copper is Faster than fiber
- .An Overview of Arista Ethernet Capture Timestamps
- .5 Ways to Optimise exchange connectivity latency
- .5 Things to Consider When Choosing an FPGA platform
- .Measuring the Absolute Accuracy of 10GbE Packet Timestamping
- .Four key trends in the networked use of FPGAs
- .FPGA Platforms: Why the Arista 7130 is best of breed
- .Network Traffic Capture & Aggregation: Why buffer size is crucial
- .Improving MetaWatch’s timestamp accuracy with clock modules
- .STAC-TS™ BENCHMARKS - Accuracy of network timestamping and burst capacity of capture
- .Case Study: Electronic trading firm gains ultra-low latency exchange connectivity with Arista
- .Case Study: Deutsche Börse Group monitors every trade with Arista
- .Case Study: Enyx chooses Arista to accelerate ultra-low latency solutions for major financial Service Providers