- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the personal information that we collect?
- With whom do we share your personal information?
- Updating and accessing your personal information
- Use of Sensitive Personal Data
- Data from Minors
- Privacy Shield
- Acting as a Data Processor
- Changes to our policy
- Contact Us
We provide certain cloud-based services (e.g. Arista Cognitive WiFi and CloudVision) to our corporate customers. If you are an end user of services provided by our customers based on our cloud-services, then we act on behalf of our customer as a data processor. This means that our customer acts as a data controller and will provide information on how they collect and process your data using our Services. They are your contact for any questions you have about how it handles your personal information. For example, if we provide a coffee shop with an Arista Cognitive WiFi solution and they use it to provide WiFi access to you as a patron, we are merely a data processor for the coffee shop, and the coffee shop is the data controller. In that situation, you-as a patron-should work directly with the coffee shop to understand how they use your data. For more information, please see the section below Acting as a Data Processor.
By using the website or submitting your personal information to us, you agree to us using your personal information in accordance with this policy.
What information do we collect about you?
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to identify your computer, browser and plug-in types, time zone settings, and operating system information;
- your login information;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time);
- items you viewed or searched for;
- other usage information; and
- page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We also collect data that you choose to provide us, for example, by registering for an account with us, submitting product and service inquiries, partnership requests, employment inquiries, and the like, or by otherwise communicating with us. Information that we may receive, should you choose to give it to us or allow us to retrieve it from a third party, may include;
- your contact information (such as your name, address, phone number, and/or e-mail address);
- information about your past and present employers and positions (in connection with employment inquiries);
- and financial information about you (for example, during a background check for employment).
How will we use the personal information that we collect?
We may do the following with your personal information:
- use your email address and other contact information to communicate with you, to provide you with product, service, or other information you have requested of us and to carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or your company and us, including providing warranty and technical support for our products and services;
- improve your interactions with our Site, such as by providing services based on your login;
- record and monitor your use of the Site and Services for internal purposes which may include analysis of usage, measurement of site performance and generation of marketing reports.
In addition, when you send us a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, we will use the information contained in that document to match you with any relevant opportunity that may arise with us, a subsidiary, or an affiliate and assess your application and to communicate with you about the process and employment opportunities. We may hold onto this information to compare with future opportunities.
We do not retain any more of your personal information than we believe is reasonably necessary for any of these purposes, and we do not retain your personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary to do so. We have put procedures in place and take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, updated and secure.
As we are a company with a global presence and affiliates around the world, your personal information may be transferred to various locations around the world both inside and outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes described above and based on the transfer solutions described below.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may transfer some of your personal information among our global subsidiaries and to our trusted service providers for their assistance in providing the services described, as required by contractual obligations, legal obligations, and/or based on other legitimate interests or your consent to such transfer. Our Trusted Service Providers (also sometimes referred to as subprocessors) include communications services providers (such as email), cloud hosting providers, and marketing/sales contact management providers. Such parties are expected to apply at least the same level of protection as outlined in this policy, and our transfer to them will be in compliance with relevant data privacy laws and the Privacy Shield. A full list of our Trusted Service Providers is available here and will be updated prior to engaging a new Trusted Service Provider.
Our trusted service providers are under strict obligations to safeguard your data and only process it for our use; the data cannot be used for any other party or purpose. For example, we do not allow the information that you provide to be used to market any third-party products or services to you.
By submitting your information and/or using this website, you expressly authorize us to share your personal data with our trusted service providers as described herein and we may have further legitimate interests in such processing. In most instances, we will remain liable for any issues arising from our trusted service providers' processing of your data on our behalf.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except as detailed in this policy or where a government, regulatory body or the law requires us to disclose your personal information.
Updating and accessing your personal information
We encourage you to keep up-to-date the personal information you share with us. If you have created or been given an account with us, some of your personal information may be available for you to update yourself. Your account is protected by a password, and it is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and login details.
In some jurisdictions, including the EU and Switzerland, you have certain rights regarding your personal data such as an express right to access, correct or delete your personal information that we maintain, with certain legal limitations. You may also have express right to restrict the use of your personal data or otherwise withdraw your consent for data processing where you have given it.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights hereunder, such as receive a copy of some or all of the personal information held by us about you or would like us to correct or delete your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will address your request.
If at any time you no longer wish to receive marketing information from us, please use the unsubscribe option available on any marketing communication received from us.
Use of sensitive personal data
Sensitive data includes any of the following types of information: racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; union membership; physical or mental health; sexual life; criminal offences; or criminal proceedings or convictions. Without limiting the details here, applicable data protection laws may require that prior to processing your sensitive data, we provide you with information about the processing and obtain your consent.
Before submitting a resume or curriculum vitae to us, you should carefully read this policy to understand our treatment your personal data. Information and opinions relating to you, provided by you and by others, may be added to your file in our database(s) in the course of the recruitment process. This may include databases managed by our trusted service providers. The data collected may include your CV, application form, assessments, background check data, and interview materials. Information you provide to us may be shared with selected third parties for the purposes of assessing your application only. In particular, you should note that your application will be subject to verification. This may involve the following: your references may be contacted and any qualification which is indicated on your application may be verified by contacting the appropriate body.
The information about you held in the database will be used for the purpose of determining your suitability for employment with us. It may also be held for statistical analysis. It may be used for the purposes of: legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings); obtaining legal advice; establishing, exercising or defending legal rights; compliance with any legal obligation to which the company is subject; maintaining the security of the company and its personnel; the prevention and detection of crime or fraud; and compliance with any request from regulatory authorities or other relevant public authorities or agencies.
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, then the information may be held by us in case of any query and for record-keeping purposes. If your application for employment is successful, your details will be subject to further processing by us and you will receive further information about such processing as appropriate. Except as indicated above, your details will be accessible only by our authorized personnel and will not be disclosed to any third party.
Your details may be held in our database for up to one year after your submission. If you need to update your contact information, please send the new details to our HR Department.
Your details may be transferred to Arista's affiliates and trusted service providers and accessed by authorized Arista personnel inside or outside the EEA, for the purposes set out above and you consent to such a transfer. You should be aware that each territory will have its own laws and practices relating to the protection of personal data. Arista strives to provide comprehensive data protection and only works with trusted and vetted service providers in managing the data that we collect from and about you. If you would like any further details about your rights (which include rights of access to data - subject to exemptions) then please write to us email@example.com.
Data from Minors
Our Sites and Services do not target and are not intended to attract children or minors under the age of 16. Arista does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or minors under the age of 16 or send them requests for personal information. If you believe we have collected personal information from a person under 16 years old without the consent of their parent or legal guardian, please let us know immediately by contacting us as indicated below and providing sufficient information so we can act appropriately.
Dispute Resolution Provider
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our data practices under the Privacy Shield, should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to inquiries within forty-five (45) days. Should we not be able to resolve the matter, you may contact the panel established by the EU data protection authorities and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
Arista has committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources (HR) data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship and concerning non-HR data transferred from the EU and Switzerland.
As a part of our commitments to the Privacy Shields, we are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC and/or any other U.S. authorized statutory body. In some instances, you may require us to enter binding arbitration with you to resolve relevant disputes, provided that you have: (1) raised the claimed violation directly with us and provided us with an opportunity to resolve the issue; (2) made use of the independent recourse mechanism under the Principles; and (3) raised the issue through the relevant DPA and allowed the Department of Commerce an opportunity to resolve the issue; further information about these instances can be found here.
Do Not Track
Arista does not track its customers over time or across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
Acting as a Data Processor
With respect to some of our cloud-based product and service offerings, Arista acts merely as a data processor of our corporate customers' data, which may include your personal data as an end user of services provided by our customers. While we still maintain this data securely and in accordance with the principles of this policy, there are a few aspects of this policy that apply specifically to this situation. They are:
- Our customers provide the same or similar types of data about themselves and about you as we list above, but the extent of that data is dependent on our customers' settings and the information that you choose to share with our customers;
- Arista only processes this data on the instructions of our customers, the data controllers;
- In this capacity, Arista provides data storage and system management for our customers' systems;
- Arista may use anonymized or pseudo-anonymized aspects of this customer data to analyze and improve Arista's products and Services;
- Because our customers provide the data and we process it only on their instructions, we have given our customers the tools to respond to any data inquiries, such as those relating to access, processing restrictions, deletion, and the like; we therefore will direct, when necessary, such inquiries to our customers and work with them to respond if they need our assistance. However, in the first instance, please direct any inquiries regarding exercising your rights to your personal data to the company whose services you are directly using; and
- Our customers will determine how long the personal information which you have provided to them is retained; please contact them in the first instance with any questions.
If this policy does not provide the information you were looking for, or if you have any further questions about our use of your personal data, please submit your query to email@example.com. Additionally, you can contact us toll free at 1-866-868-0825, and someone will address your inquiry.
Cookies used on this Site include the following:
- Analytics: these cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. This includes the number of visitors to the Site, from where the visitors have come to the Site and the pages that were visited within our Site. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies are collected in an anonymized form.
- Login-related: these cookies help the Site keep track of your login as you move throughout our site.
- Session (non-persistent) cookies: these cookies allow you to move through the pages of our Site easily without having to re-enter login details, when applicable. They are also used to store the capabilities of your internet browser and identify whether you have certain software so we can tailor the Site accordingly. This information is stored in your internet browser and is permanently disposed of once you close the program.
You can find more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject them generally, here. Also, you can find information about how to manage Cookies in your specific browser at the following sites: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Windows Explorer.