- Written by Prasanna Parthasarathy
- Posted on December 23, 2021
- Updated on March 13, 2023
- 3535 Views
SwitchApp is an FPGA based feature available on Arista’s 7130LB-Series platforms. It performs ultra low latency Ethernet packet switching. The port to port latency is a function of the selected SwitchApp profile. Detailed latency measurements are available in the userguide on the Arista Support site.
- Written by Daria Tsaregorodtseva
- Posted on August 23, 2022
- Updated on September 6, 2022
- 878 Views
Unshared QoS Policy Maps provide the ability to have a unique policer instance per service-policy attachment to interfaces without using any additional TCAM resources.
- Written by Bharadwaj Gosukonda
- Posted on June 20, 2022
- Updated on August 25, 2022
- 1438 Views
Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding (uRPF) can help limit malicious IPv4/IPv6 traffic on a network. uRPF works by enabling the router to verify reachability (routing) of the source IP address (SIP) in the packet being forwarded. If the SIP is determined to be an invalid address, the packet is dropped.
- Written by Anirudh Ramesh Iyer
- Posted on May 5, 2021
- Updated on January 11, 2023
- 6082 Views
This article describes how to customize TCAM ( Ternary Content Addressable Memory ) lookup for each feature which uses TCAM.
- Written by Isidor Kouvelas
- Posted on February 28, 2022
- Updated on March 16, 2023
- 6474 Views
Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) appears in (almost) all respects as an Ethernet type service to customers of a Service Provider (SP). A VPLS glues together several individual LANs across a packet switched network to appear and function as a single bridged LAN.
- Written by Nikhil Satish Pai
- Posted on August 18, 2022
- Updated on August 22, 2022
- 1052 Views
The feature will provide the ability to error disable local interfaces in a BGP VPWS pseudowire when the remote interface is shutdown or whenever we do not receive a response from BGP.