Arastra Launches 10 Gigabit Datacenter Ethernet Switch Family
Menlo Park, CA - November 05, 2007 - Arastra, Inc. today announced the Arastra 7100 Series of Datacenter Ethernet switches, featuring the industry's highest density 10 Gigabit Ethernet switching solution and the first with an extensible modular network operating system.
With breakthrough price-performance, the Arastra 7100 Series enables 10 Gigabit Ethernet to be deployed everywhere in the data center, which can significantly improve server utilization and consequently data center power efficiency.
The Arastra 7100 Series features numerous innovations that include the following industry firsts:
- The highest 10 Gigabit port density with 48 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports in a 1U chassis, supporting a rack level density of 2016 10 Gigabit ports per 42U rack
- Wirespeed Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching with throughput up to 960 Gbps (gigabits per second) and 714 MPPS (million packets per second) with sub-microsecond latency
- Multi-chassis fabric scalability up to 4096 10G ports, supporting throughput of more than 80 Tbps (terabits per second) and 60 BPPS (billion packets per second)
- Advanced congestion management, including multi-lane flow control and backward congestion notification to maintain maximum throughput in the network
- Support for 10 Gigabit SFP+ (small form-factor pluggable) optics and copper cabling, including 10GBASE-SR, 10GBASE-LR, 10GBASE-LRM, 10GBASE-CR, as well as Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX, and 1000BASE-T
- Server-rack compatible front-to-back airflow, hot-swappable redundant power supplies, hot-swappable redundant cooling, and dual redundant management ports
The Arastra 7100 Series switches run the Arastra Extensible Operating System, Arastra EOS, the first switch operating system designed specifically to meet the needs of data center networks. Arastra EOS is based on a fine-grain modular protected memory architecture that ensures the highest level of network reliability and availability. Each process is monitored and restarted automatically in response to failure, and in-service software upgrades allow individual software components to be updated without disrupting system operation. Using the control and management APIs of EOS, customers can extend the functionality of the software to meet their particular needs.
The Arastra 7100 Series includes two models: the Arastra 7124S with 24 10G SFP+ ports and the Arastra 7148S with 48 10G SFP+ ports. Both are in field trials at several sites including government laboratories and financial institutions. Production units will be available in Q1 2008.
About Arastra, Inc.
Arastra, based in Menlo Park, California, was founded in 2004 to design, develop and deliver a new class of integrated hardware and software network solutions that address the scalability, performance and reliability requirements of large scale data centers. For more information, please visit www.arista.com or contact Arastra at email@example.com or Tel : 650-462-5000.
The links above are for the viewer’s convenience, and Arista has not reviewed and is not responsible for their content.