Arista 7800R3 Series Universal Spine and Cloud Networks
Designed for the next generation of large scale virtualized and cloud networks the Arista 7800R3 Series modular switches are the 3rd generation of the R-Series universal spine switches. They combine 400G and 100G density with internet scale table sizes and comprehensive L2 and L3 features. Advanced EOS features for network monitoring, precision timing, VXLAN network virtualization and EVPN are combined with extensive hardware resources with a wide choice of systems and line cards to support lasting investment protection.
The 7800R Series enable highly scalable network designs with Segment Routing, MLAG, ECMP, EVPN and VXLAN technologies.
The Arista 7800R Series FlexRoute™ engine and EOS NetDB provides the scalability to support Internet IP routing scale with the low power consumption and fast convergence while scaling to millions of routes.
Arista Algorithmic ACLs enable flexible high scale access controls with expanded pattern matching, combined with sFlow sampling of all interfaces at the full forwarding capacity while providing additional capabilities for filtering.
7800R Architecture Advantages:
- Investment protection - proven R Series with line card forward compatibility
- Consistent 7800R3 Series architecture ensures seamless migration
- Distributed packet processor scales forwarding capacity linearly
- FlexRoute™ for Internet route table scale with low power draw
- Flexible pipeline for programmable features including Algorithmic ACLs and Inband Network Telemetry
- System wide health monitoring
- High Bandwidth Intelligent and dynamic deep buffers for the most demanding traffic scenarios
- Virtual Output Queues avoid head of line blocking
- Cell based fabric with redundancy for 100% efficiency and consistent low latency and jitter
- Optimized multicast forwarding
- Comprehensive traffic counters with up to 16 classifications for real-time network monitoring and troubleshooting
- QOS Fabric fairness - no hot-spots with mirroring enhancements
High Performance Universal Spine
- Non-blocking 460Tbps of system capacity
- High density 10/25/40/50/100/400G Ethernet
- 10G-400G Wirespeed MACsec and IPSec encryption
- Scalable to 576 wire speed 400G ports
- Ultra deep buffers up to 24GB per line card
- Class leading latency of 3.5usec
- 14.4Tbps of fabric capacity per line card
- Virtual Output Queues per port and CoS to eliminate head of line blocking
- Single binary image
- Fine-grained truly modular network OS
- Scalable control plane for internet peering
- Extensible platform - bash, python, C++ , GO, OpenConfig
- Resilient self-healing software
- Rich Streaming Telemetry solutions
- Over 10 Years of EOS innovations and experience with the R-Series Architecture
Cloud Grade Routing
- Comprehensive routing:OSPF/ OSPFv3, MP-BGP, IS-IS, PIM, MSDP and MLD
- Transport Signaling : LDP, RSVP-TE, SR-TE, BGP-LU, BGP-LS
- Services: IPv4 VPNs (RFC 4364), 6PE/6VPE, L2/L3 EVPN , EVPN-VPWS, EVPN-DCI*, EVPN-Multicast, VPLS*, Pseudowires
- Tunneling: LDP, RSVP, SR, LDP over RSVP, GRE, MPLS over GRE
- Resiliency: ECMP/ UCMP, PIC, RSVP-TE FRR, SRLG, TI-LFA
- QoS: Classification, Flexible rewrite, Ingress Policing, VoQ, Hierarchical-QoS, Shaping
- Security: MACSEC, uRPF, ACLs, CoPP, AAA
Scalable Cloud and Service Provider Designs
- Comprehensive switching and routing feature set with rapid convergence
- Segment Routing and EVPN Services for IX Providers and Cloud WAN
- IPv4 and IPv6 Overlay and Underlay support
- Internet scale IPv4 and IPv6 forwarding tables with over 5M IPv4 routes
- Large scale IPv4 / IPv6, ACLs, and QoS with flexible profiles
- Up to 96Bpps of wire speed forwarding
- CloudVision® provisioning and automation
- VXLAN and 512-way multi-pathing for next generation DC
- LANZ for microburst detection
- Accelerated sFlow for high capacity network security and application monitoring
- Inband Network Telemetry for flow and packet forensics at scale
- CloudVision for Workflow Automation and Orchestration
Arista 7800R3 Series Specifications
The Arista 7800R3 Series of modular switches deliver the industry’s highest performance with 460Tbps of system throughput to meet the needs of the largest scale data centers. With a choice of systems the 7800R Series provides four, eight, twelve or sixteen line card modules, two supervisor modules, and up to twelve fabric modules. Designed for continuous operations and with system wide monitoring of hardware and software components, simple serviceability and provisioning to prevent single points of failure the hardware architecture supports high-availability with hot-swap of all components.
Arista 7800R3 Series Architecture
The Arista 7800R3 Series leverages a deep buffer virtual output queue (VOQ) architecture that is 100% efficient, eliminates head-of-line (HOL) blocking and virtually eliminates packet drops even in the most congested network scenarios. An advanced traffic scheduler fairly allocates bandwidth between all virtual output queues while accurately following queue disciplines including weighted fair queuing, fixed priority, or hybrid schemes. As a result, the Arista 7800R3 Series can handle the most demanding data center requirements with ease, including mixed traffic loads of real-time, multicast, and storage traffic while still delivering low latency.
7800R3 System Comparisons
Available in a compact system design, as a choice of 16, 12, 8 and 4 slots, the Arista 7800R3 Series enables a range of wirespeed ports from 10G to 400G. It lowers total cost of ownership as it is designed to be efficient with power per port as low as 25W per 400G port which combined with front to rear cooling to optimize the data center environment produces the most reliable, dense and power efficient modular switch.
The 7800R3 Series offer a broad choice of line cards with a choice of speed and density options up to 48 ports of wire speed 100G and 40G, or 36 ports of 400G. Every 400G interface supports a choice of speeds including 25G and 50G providing unparalleled flexibility and the ability to seamlessly transition data centers to the next generation of Ethernet performance.
|Description||Delivers the highest capacity, non-blocking Ethernet switching system.||Scalable non-blocking capacity for large scale deployments||Delivers high density, low power non-blocking Ethernet switching system.||Optimum form-factor for many medium to large deployments.|
|Switching Capacity||460 Tbps||345 Tbps||230 Tbps||115 Tbps|
|Linecard Capacity||14.4 Tbps||14.4 Tbps||14.4 Tbps||14.4 Tbps|
|100G QSFP Interfaces||768||576||384||192|
|400G OSFP/QSFP-DD Interfaces||576||432||288||144|
|Forwarding Rate||96 Bpps||72 Bpps||48 Bpps||24 Bpps|
|Total Buffer||384 GB||288 GB||192 GB||96 GB|
|Airflow||Front to Rear||Front to Rear||Front to Rear||Front to Rear|
7800R3 400G Linecards:
|Ports||36 400G OSFP||36 400G QSFP-DD||36 400G OSFP||36 400G QSFP-DD|
|Port Buffer||24 GB||24 GB||16 GB||16 GB|
|Switching Capacity||14.4 Tbps||14.4 Tbps||14.4 Tbps||14.4 Tbps|
|Forwarding Rate||6 Bpps||6 Bpps||5.4 Bpps||5.4 Bpps|
7800R3 25/50/100G Linecards:
|Ports||48 100G QSFP||48 100G QSFP||72 25G SFP|
|Forwarding Rate||2 Bpps||2 Bpps||1 Bpps|
Combined with the highly modular, robust Extensible Operating System (EOS), a dynamic smart deep buffer architecture with virtual output queuing for lossless forwarding, low latency and wire speed performance, the Arista 7800R3 line cards enable scalable and high performance data center solutions.
Each 7800R3 Series line card delivers a consistent set of features supporting layer 2 and layer 3 data center designs with predictable and linear scaling. Arista's FlexRoute Engine enables full Internet routing coupled with support for a variety of IP/MPLS/VXLAN protocols.
|Resources1||7800R3 Series||7800R3K Series|
|Balanced Profile||L3-XL Profile
|L3-XXL Profile||L3-XXXL Profile||Balanced-XL Profile|
|IPv4 Unicast Routes||1450K||800K||2250K||2850K||3950K||1850K|
|Additional IPv4 Unicast Routes with FlexRoute||+1792K||+1792K||+2048K||+1536K||+3072K||+2048K|
|IPv6 Unicast Host Routes||433-483K||250-267K||683-750K||833-950K||1100-1317K||567-617K|
|TCAM ACL Entries (Per chip)||24K||24K||24K||24K||24K||24K|
|Traffic Policy ACL IPv4 Prefixes||30K||30K||430K||296K||30K||430K|
|Traffic Policy ACL IPv6 Prefixes||10K||10K||150K||100K||10K||150K|
1 Undimensional scaling maxima with currently available MDB profiles. Available resources depend on user configuration.
10-400G Wire-speed Encryption
Deploying high performance, scalable bulk data encryption cost effectively is a major challenge for cloud data centers. Arista 7800R3 and 7800R3A Series line cards provide integrated wire speed strong encryption for mixed speeds from 10G to 400G offering comprehensive choices for secure connectivity at an efficient cost point.
7800R3 encryption solutions are fully compatible with all other 7800R3 Series line cards and utilize proven encryption technology to protect traffic for simple and scalable data center interconnect. In addition with a choice of pluggable 100G and 400G optics, encryption can be used to secure links between tiers in leaf and spine data center designs. 7800R3 line cards provide standards-based IEEE 802.1AE (MAC Security standard, referred to as MACsec) capabilities provide line-rate frame encryption and authentication. This ensures confidentiality as well as providing anti-replay protection and therefore confidence in the integrity of encrypted traffic.
7800R3A line cards add support for IPSec (RFC 4303). IPSec enables the construction of encrypted IP tunnels that traverse multiple unencrypted hops between endpoints, enabling line-rate strong encryption across third party infrastructure for WAN or DCI deployments. Both MACsec and IPSec solutions leverage AES-256-GCM for strong bulk encryption and operate at full line rate. The flexibility to off both types of encryption enables a broad range of deployments and removes the need for additional encryption devices while providing orders of magnitude improvements in latency and throughput when compared to traditional appliance based implementations.
The flexibility to offer both types of encryption enables a broad range of deployments and removes the need for additional encryption devices while providing orders of magnitude improvements in latency and throughput when compared to traditional appliance based solutions.
- High density MACsec solution for Cloud Data Centers integrated with 7800R3 for highest density and performance in a modular platform
- Cost and performance optimized for Data Center Interconnect (DCI) and Leaf-Spine connections to securely transport massive volumes of traffic
- Secure transport of data over distance with MACsec encryption eliminating additional intermediate devices
- 14.4 Tbps 36 port 400G line card
- 4.8 Tbps 48 port 100G line card
- Delivers up to 6 Billion packets per second of wire speed L2 and L3 IP forwarding
- Internet scale IPv4 and IPv6 forwarding tables
- Compatible with all 100G and 400G line cards for 7800R3 Series
- IEEE 802.1AE MACsec
- IPSec UDP-ESP (RFC 4303, RFC 3948)
- Flexible support for 10/25/40/50/100/200 and 400G
- Pluggable 100G QSFP and 400G OSFP and QSFP-DD optics for pay as you grow expansion
- Up to 24GB of deep buffer packet memory and Virtual Output Queue architecture to eliminate head of line blocking and packet drops due to congestion