Arista 7280R3 Series Universal Leaf and IP Storage Networks
Designed for next generation Cloud, Content Delivery, IP storage, leaf and spine networks and Data Center Interconnect the Arista 7280R3 Series of fixed switches combine a proven architecture with dynamic and deep buffering for lossless forwarding with high density 100G and 400G Ethernet, internet scale table sizes and rich L2 and L3 features that are space and power efficient for modern networks.
Advanced EOS® features for visibility, telemetry, network monitoring, VXLAN network virtualization and rich automation are combined with extensive hardware resources. A choice of density and interface types allows the 7280R to meet the address the myriad different applications and traffic patterns found in modern data centers.
Arista 7280R3 Advantages:
- Unparalleled Performance with Dynamic Deep Buffers and VOQ for Lossless forwarding
- Flexible design choices for 10G/25G/40G/50G/100G and 400G
- Arista FlexRoute™ and EOS NetDB™ for internet peering with high density and low power
- Flexible and scalable network policy control
- Embedded Accelerated sFlow and IPFIX for high capacity network security and application monitoring
- Flexible pipeline for programmable features including Algorithmic ACLs and Inband Network Telemetry for flow and packet forensics
- EOS Open Programmability for Advanced Traffic Control, Provisioning and Monitoring at all layers
- 4th generation of deep buffer fixed systems with consistent features and proven architecture
The Arista 7280R3 Series FlexRoute engine and EOS NetDB provides the scalability to support Internet IP routing scale with the lowest power consumption and fast convergence scaling to 2.5M routes with a choice of flexible forwarding profiles for a wide variety of network roles.
Arista Algorithmic ACLs enables flexible high scale access controls with expanded pattern matching, combined with sFlow sampling of all interfaces at the full forwarding capacity while providing additional capabilities for filtering.
Flexible Solutions with 400G
- Up to 48 ports of 400G in 2RU, with 19.2Tbps of wirespeed performance
- High Density wirespeed 1RU 32 port 100G systems with 4 400G uplinks
- Broad range of 1RU and 2RU systems with a combination of 400G and 100G systems for Universal Leaf and Spine designs
- Internet Peering Scalability with Arista FlexRoute
- High Bandwidth Ultra-deep packet buffer up to 32GB per system
- Open Extensibility and Programmability
- Software Driven Cloud Networking
- Fine-grain modular protected memory architecture
- Access to Linux tools
- In-service-software-patches and Self-healing stateful fault repair (SFR)
- Flexible choice of 400G and 100G interfaces with OSFP and QSFP-DD
- Under 18W per 100G port with rich features
- Up to 256 Way Multi-Pathing over L2 and L3
- Power efficient for lower total cost of ownership
- Redundant and hot swap power and cooling
- NEBS Compliant for Tier1 Service Providers
Rich Feature Sets and Open Programmability
- Comprehensive switching and routing feature set with rapid convergence
- Segment Routing and EVPN Services for IX Providers and Cloud WAN
- IPv6 Overlay and Underlay support
- Large scale full featured IPv4 / IPv6, ACLs, and QoS
- VXLAN and 256-way multi-pathing
- LANZ for Microburst Detection
- VXLAN and EOS Network Tracers
- CloudVision® for Workflow Automation and Orchestration
- Accelerated sFlow for high capacity network security and application monitoring
- Inband Network Telemetry for flow and packet forensics at scale
- Extensive and flexible counters for real-time monitoring and troubleshooting
Arista 7280R3 Series Technical Specifications
The Arista 7280R3 series is a set of purpose built 100/400G fixed configuration 1RU and 2RU systems designed for the highest performance environments such as Cloud DC, Content Delivery, IP storage, Enterprise leaf and spine networks and Data Center Interconnect and IP Peering.
Wire speed L2 and L3 forwarding are combined with advanced features for network virtualization, open monitoring and network analysis, resiliency and architectural flexibility with deterministic performance. Deep packet buffers and large routing tables allow for Internet peering applications and the broad range of interfaces and density choice provides deployment flexibility.
All Arista 7280R3 Series support FlexRoute™ engines providing the scalability to support deployment as a routing platform with Internet scale routing. Arista FlexRoute along with EOS NetDB™ enables innovations and convergence not natively available in merchant chipsets. The 7280R3K Series support a series of flexible profiles that leverage common resources for different network roles including up to 2.5M IP routes.
- Standards-based high density 400G and 100G switches ideal for future proof designs and high bandwidth needs such as in High Performance Storage or Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)
- Dynamic deep buffers in a fixed form factor makes for an ideal spine switch where lossless performance and in-cast traffic is a concern such as in data analytics and IP storage
- Directly connected 40G and 50G attached storage systems, requiring high performance and predictable latency
- Streaming network state for advanced analytics with CloudVision®
- Network–wide virtualization platform for next generation cloud bursting with wire-speed VXLAN routing
- Hardware assisted PTP enables accurate timing solutions across Ethernet based networks without costly investment in separate timing networks
- Unique monitoring and provisioning features – LANZ, DANZ, AEM, IEEE 1588 PTP, ZTP, VM Tracer, VXLAN, and eAPI
- Comprehensive L2 and L3 feature set for open multi-vendor networks with no proprietary lock-in
- Accelerated sFlow and IPFIX for network forensics
- Large scale L2 and L3 table resources allow deployment flexibility in both large L2 and L3 environments with any-workload suitability
- NEBS compliance and DC power supplies designed for service provider environments
Arista 7280R3 Series
400G 7280PR3 Series and 7280DR3 Series
Each 7280R3 Series system delivers a consistent set of features supporting layer 2 and layer 3 data center designs with predictable and linear scaling. Arista's FlexRoute Engine enables full Internet routing coupled with support for a variety of IP/MPLS/VXLAN protocols.
|IPv4 Host Routes||896K||256K||1.4M||320K||2.8M|
|IPv6 Unicast Host Routes||224K||64K||368K||80K||736K|
|IPv4 Unicast LPM Routes||704K||1.3M||1.2M||2.5M||128K|
|IPv6 Unicast LPM Routes||235K||440K||411K||821K||42K|