Configuring the Appliance
You can manage your appliance using the Edge Threat Management Dashboard or from the local network.
From Edge Threat Management Dashboard
- Navigate your web browser to http://edge.arista.com/cmd.
- Log in with your Edge Threat Management Dashboard account, or click Create Account to set up an account.
- Navigate to the Appliances screen and click Add.
- Enter the serial number located on the bottom of your appliance.
- Click Add to confirm the new appliance.
- Complete the initial setup to begin managing your appliance.
From the Local Network
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your management computer or LAN switch to the LAN port.
- From your management computer, check the network status of your system and confirm that you receive an IPv4 address in the subnet of 192.168.2.0/24 (example: 192.168.2.100).
- In a browser, navigate to http://192.168.2.1.
- Follow the steps in your browser to complete the setup.