2.1 Site Selection
The following criteria should be considered when selecting a site to install the switch:
• Temperature and Ventilation: For proper ventilation, install the switch where there is ample airflow to the front and back of the switch. The ambient temperature should not go below 0° or exceed 40°C.
Important! To prevent the switch from overheating, do not operate it in an area where the ambient temperature exceeds 40°C (104°F).
Pour empêcher l'interrupteur de surchauffe, ne pas utiliser il dans une zone où la température ambiante est supérieure à 40°C (104°F).
• Airflow Orientation: CCS-720XP-48ZC2 supports only front-to-back airflow direction. If the airflow direction is not compatible with the installation site, contact your sales representative.
• Rack Space: Install the switch in a 19" rack or cabinet. The switch height is 2 RU. The accessory kit provides mounting brackets for four-post racks. Contact your sales representative to obtain two-post mounting brackets.
When mounting the switch in a partially filled rack, load the rack from bottom to top, with the heaviest equipment at the bottom. Load the switch at the bottom if it is the only item in the rack.
• Power Requirements:
Power requirements vary by switch and power supply model. Refer to Table 1-4
for information regarding your specific system.
Two circuits provide redundancy protection. Section 4.1
describes power cable requirements.
Important! The power input plug-socket combination must be accessible at all times; it provides the primary method of disconnecting power from the system.
La combinaison de la puissance-prise d'entrée doit être accessible en tout temps ; Il fournit le principal moyen de coupure d'alimentation du système.
• Other Requirements: Select a site where liquids or objects cannot fall onto the equipment and foreign objects are not drawn into the ventilation holes. Verify these guidelines are met:
• Clearance areas to the front and rear panels allow for unrestricted cabling.
• All front and rear panel indicators can be easily read.
• Power cords can reach from the power outlet to the connector on the rear panel.
Important! All power connections must be removed to de-energize the unit.
Toutes les connexions d'alimentation doivent être enlevées pour hors tension l'appareil.
Important! This unit is intended for installation in restricted access areas.
Cet appareil est prévu pour une installation dans les zones d'accès restreintes.
2.2 Tools and Parts Required for Installation
The following tools and equipment are required to install the switch:
• Screws or rack mounting nuts and bolts.
Four-Post Rack (Toolless)
No additional equipment required.
Accessory kit does not include screws for attaching the switch to the equipment rack. When installing the switch into an equipment rack with unthreaded post holes, nuts are also required to secure the switch to the rack posts.
2.3 Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Precautions
Observe these guidelines to avoid ESD damage when installing or servicing the switch.
• Assemble or disassemble equipment only in a static-free work area.
• Use a conductive work surface (such as an anti-static mat) to dissipate static charge.
• Wear a conductive wrist strap to dissipate static charge accumulation.
• Minimize handling of assemblies and components.
• Keep replacement parts in their original static-free packaging.
• Remove all plastic, foam, vinyl, paper, and other static-generating materials from the work area.
• Use tools that do not create ESD.