CloudVision Physical Appliance Setup
You may need the following items to perform the procedures in this section:
- Key to the system key-lock.
- #1 and #2 Phillips screwdriver.
- Wrist grounding strap connected to ground.
- Rack mount kit instructions located in the shipping box.
Before Working Inside your System
Follow these safety guidelines: Safety Information.
- Turn off the system, including all attached peripherals.
- Disconnect the system from the electrical outlet and disconnect the peripherals.
- Remove the system cover.
Complete the following tasks to remove the front bezel.
- Unlock the key-lock at the left end of the bezel.
- Lift the release latch next to the keylock.
- Rotate the left end of the bezel away from the front panel.
- Unhook the right end of the bezel and pull the bezel away from the system.
Locate the MAC Addresses for the CloudVision Appliance
The information tag is a slide-out label which contains system information such as Service Tag, NIC, MAC address for your reference. Record the MAC addresses in the CloudVision Worksheet.
|1 - Information tag (front view)||2 - Information tag (back view)|
|3 - OpenManage Mobile (OMM) label||4 - iDRAC MAC address and iDRAC secure password label|
|5 - Service Tag|
Back Panel Ethernet Connections
On the back panel of the CloudVision appliance, locate the Ethernet Integrated 10/100/1000 Mbps NIC connectors.
iDRAC is an Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) that provides a GUI-based out-of-band interface for monitoring the hardware appliance.
Record the IP address and Hostname information in CloudVision Worksheet.
In order to manage your CloudVision cluster, it is often easier to connect to them by hostname as opposed to IP address. Fully qualified domain names (FQDNs) should be allocated to:
- Each of the CloudVision Appliance host machines.
- Each of the CloudVision Appliance iDRAC interfaces.
- Each of the CloudVision Portal (CVP) nodes.
- Each of the CloudVision Server (CVX) nodes.
Contact your DNS zone administrator for assistance.