WiFi End of Life Policy
For Arista WiFi product portfolio, ‘End of Life’ (EoL) is announced six months prior to the End of Sale date for the affected product. Feature additions usually continue for eighteen months from the EoL date. Support (including bugfix releases) is provided for sixty months from the EoL date. Starting from the EoL date, support contracts whose validity would extend beyond the End of Support date will not be available.
The following products have been announced as End-of-Sale products:
|Platform||Current Stage||End of Sale||End of Dev||End of Support||Replaced By|
|C-01/C-05/C-10 WIPS Sensor||End of Support||Past||Past||9/30/17||OEM-AP-C100|
|C-50 AP/WIPS Sensor||End of Support||Past||Past||9/30/17||OEM-AP-C100|
|0-70 AP/WIPS Sensor||End of Support||Past||Past||9/30/17||OEM-AP-O90, OEM-AP-O90E|
|CD-100 Cellular Detector||End of Support||Past||Past||9/30/17||None|
|SA-220 Appliance||End of Support||Past||Past||9/30/17||DCA-MWM-100|
|SA-320 Appliance||End of Support||Past||Past||9/30/17||DCA-MWM-100|
|SA-350 Appliance||End of Support||Past||Past||9/30/17||DCA-MWM-100|
|AirTight Planner||End of Support||Past||Past||Past||None*|
|AirTight Mobile (SAFE)||End of Support||Past||Past||9/30/17||None*|
|C-55 AP/WIPS Sensor||End of Sale||4/30/17||4/30/2018||10/31/21||OEM-AP-C100|
|C-60 AP/WIPS Sensor||End of Sale||10/31/16||4/30/2017||10/31/21||OEM-AP-C110OEM-AP-C130|
|MA-250 / SA-250 Appliance||End of Sale||8/15/17||2/14/19||8/14/22||DCA-MWM-100|
|MA-360 / SA-360 Appliance||End of Sale||9/14/17||3/14/19||8/14/22||DCA-MWM-100|
*See FAQ below for more details
Arista WiFi EOL Definitions
End of Sale:
6 months after End of Life Announcement
End of Feature Development:
- 18 months after End of Life Announcement
- No new features will be added to the platform after this date.
- Arista Networks will support these platforms and bug fixes will continue until the End-Of-Support date.
End of Support:
- 60 months after End of Life Announcement
- No support will be provided on these platforms after this date; customers can continue to use it on a ‘as is’ basis.
- For customers who purchased the product with our ‘full opex’ price option, Arista Networks will replace these models in the event of catastrophic failures. Contact Arista WiFi Support for more information at email@example.com
- For customers who purchased the product with our ‘capex + opex’ option; Arista Networks will provide a discounted replacement offer 6 months prior to ‘End of Support’ date. Contact Sales for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Arista Networks may make exceptions to the End of Life dates on a per product basis.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What does End of Support mean?
End of Support means that Arista Networks will no longer provide TAC or Engineering support to customers in addressing issues with the platform or product, and no bug fix releases will be available. However, customers can continue to use the platform or product as is.
I currently have a product which is slated to go ‘End of Support’ in the next 2 years. Can I continue using it after that period?
Yes, customers are free to use products that are ‘End of Support’ on an as is basis as long as they wish. However, no support is provided for these products.
What happens if End of Support occurs before the end of my maintenance contract?
This should never happen. Please contact: email@example.com.
Is there a replacement product for AirTight Mobile?
The AirTight Mobile product is being discontinued.
What is happening to AirTight Planner?
AirTight Planner has been taken off the price list and is now available as freeware under the name Mojo Planner. Customers can use the product on an as-is basis.