Arista Networks is seeking a candidate to perform product management responsibilities for the CloudVision software platform and associated Arista Networks switching product line. This is a key opportunity for someone with industry and technology expertise in the networking/automation sector. If you are passionate about working on next generation cloud networking solutions and being a part of the fastest growing network company in the industry, then come join Arista!
- Create and evangelize field facing product marketing collateral across CloudVision technologies, including white papers, slide decks, websites, demos, videos, etc.
- Subject matter expertise on deeply technical topics related to product development, deployment, and ongoing product use.
- Hands-on projects to develop labs as well as demonstrate key technologies
- Collaborate on product definition through customer requirement gathering and roadmap planning
- Product support for sales teams and customers to ensure success with major opportunities and deployments
- Leverage expertise to train Arista sales force and Arista customers through clear and accurate product collateral
- Execute ongoing aspects of the product lifecycle, including interaction with a cross-functional set of teams
- Keep up-to-date on competitive solutions, products, and services
- Regular analysis of the industry landscape and positioning relative to Arista’s differentiation
- Represent Arista at external events, including conferences, tradeshows, partner engagements, etc.
- At least Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent Bachelor degree required
- 6-8 years of experience in the networking industry
- Strong preference for at least 2 years as a product manager or technical marketing engineer. Prior experience could also include software engineering, systems engineering, or similar roles.
- Industry / technology expertise is required in the following areas: routing, switching, VxLAN/MPLS/network virtualization, network management and operations, data center trends and technologies, network orchestration and automation systems, network platform offerings and solutions from industry vendors
- Expert technical knowledge is required in several of the following areas: Ethernet, VLANs, IP routing, TCP/IP, Multicast, Protocols (BGP, ISIS, OSPF, PIM, IGMP; etc.), QoS, APIs (JSON, etc.), scripting (Python, etc.), orchestration platforms (Openstack, etc.), and overlay platforms (VMWare NSX, etc.)
- Software development skills for solutions and extensions, including scripting capabilities (Python, etc) and API integration approaches (REST, JSON, NETCONF, etc), are required
- Expert knowledge on or more of the following verticals: Data Center, Cloud, Campus, Media & Entertainment, and Service Provider
- Expert knowledge of public cloud platforms and associated networking environment, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Network design level expertise in the following use-cases: private and public cloud data centers, service provider data center, Internet routing, IP storage, financial networks, high-performance computing (HPC), enterprise networks
- Ability to write extensive technical content (white papers, technical briefs, test reports, etc.) for external audiences with a balance of technical accuracy, strategy, and clear messaging
- Ability to build extensive technical slide decks in PowerPoint, with technical accuracy, strategy, and clear messaging
- Ability to comfortably present in front of internal and external audiences (large and small)
- In some cases, exposure to product financials including licensing and modelling can be valuable
Arista is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.