Arista Networks is igniting cloud networking and cloud computing environments. Arista is building world-class, datacenter-focused Ethernet switches that redefine scalability, robustness, reliability, programmability, and price-performance metrics with our Extensible Operating System (EOS). Our team is comprised of experienced management and industry-leading engineering talent. Arista offers great benefits, work-life balance, and an environment that will challenge you to make a name for yourself in this industry. Look to join us as a premier company developing a new class of integrated network solutions for next gen data centers.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Providing advanced post-sales support for networking deployments.
- Review of customer designs and make recommendations for deployment
- Migration or Inter connectivity to/from Cisco, Juniper and other vendors to Arista infrastructure
- Assistance with configuration buildouts
- Assist with implementation and change controls
- Assist with proof of concepts (POC) and indepth testing to validate design scenarios
- Provide bug scrubs and code recommendations
- Provide interface to TAC and internal development teams and the customer
- Providing advice regarding architectural questions, product prerequisites, product features, etc.Translating complex business requirements into Network solutions.
- Assisting Pre Sales Engineer and Account Executives with designing Network solutions.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key partners.
- Attending key partner events and training sessions. Including providing ongoing training with the customer teams globally
- Continued training to maintain expertise.
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written skills and the ability to do related documentation and ticket tracking of opportunities/meeting follow up.
- Ability to understand the client’s business objectives and technical needs.
- Ability to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to sales and clients
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
- Maintain professional relationships with teammates, partners and clients.
- Some travel may be required within assigned territory
- The engineer will be attached to a large strategic arista account and will be dedicatedly working on operations for the designated customer.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from a four year college or university or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Network Industry Certification preferred (e.g. CCIE (R&S), JNCIE), but not necessary.
- Worked at another switching vendor as a systems or advanced services engineer, but not necessary
- 6+ years’ working experience with Network technologies
- 6+ year minimum experience with Cisco-based technologies focusing on infrastructure and voice
- Demonstrated experience in technical post sales or advanced systems (AS) engineer preferred
- Experience with Cisco enteprise routing/switching within large data center enterprise customers
- Knowledge in competitive products is a plus
- Working in a large Wall Street financial is a plus
- Expert knowledge in the following areas: Ethernet, RSTP/ MSTP, VLANs, IP Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, Multicast, QoS
- Expertise in at least one area of related technologies - storage, financial trading, Web2.0 applications, HPC or load balancing
- Expert level knowledge of industry-standard CLI
- Ability to write white-papers a plus
- Background in Linux, Unix, Perl, Python, Scripting of any nature is a plus
Arista is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.