Arista is building world-class, datacenter-focused Ethernet switches that redefine scalability, robustness, reliability and price-performance metrics. Our team is comprised of experienced management and industry-leading engineering talent. Arista offers great benefits, work-life balance, and an environment that will challenge you to make a name for yourself in this industry. Look to join us as a premier company developing a new class of integrated network solutions for the next gen HPC and web data centers.
We are seeking candidates who take pride in driving and sustaining product development through manufacturing. As an Arista Manufacturing New Product Introduction Engineer, you will engage with Engineering, Platform Design, CM Partners, CA personnel, and other business functions. You will get an opportunity to work with some of the smartest engineering and technical leaders in the industry.
- Support the development of new products and drive design for manufacturing excellence
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the specification, design, development and test of hardware. Provide manufacturing input to schematic, placement and route reviews
- Design for DFx: DFC, DFQ, DFM, DFR, DFT
- Evaluate technical readiness prior to release. Deliver TR reviews with cross functional team
- Perform new product and sustaining engineering functions
- BOM risk assessment, grading and second sourcing
- Skew lot testing of critical components, manufacturer's PCN execution and coordination, provide analysis and qualification resources
- Interface/engage with Engineering, Platform Engineering, Marketing, TAC, and CM Partners
- Provide hardware debug mentorship to contract manufacturing test engineers and debug technicians. Ensure that Manufacturing receives the required level of product training
- Improve manufacturing operations processes and actively enhance efficiency, consistency, cost avoidance, and customer satisfaction
- Drive the evaluation and enhancement of the engineering design verification process with the goal of releasing zero design defects to production
- Establish technical direction through the investigation and evaluation of new manufacturing technologies
- Approve programmable devices and printed circuit board first articles
- Manage release of new products and manage technical changes to existing products through BOM management, ECO, and deviation processes
- Assist in early prototype testing and troubleshooting/debug to find root cause failures and drive back fixes to engineering or contract manufacturer
- Debug complex system level problems and drive root cause analysis
- DRT participation and leadership: Actively work with the Defect Reduction Team to identify product issues and drive resolutions
- Work in conformance to established manufacturing processes and procedures
- Product Change Notification management and qualification
- Perform value engineering and cost reduction activities
- Develop manufacturing process and best practice documentation.
- 1-3+ years of experience in New Product Introduction/Sustaining Engineering (College grads with relevant intern experience will be considered)
- Expertise in networking products related to routing, switching and data center
- Expertise in some or all of Design for DFx: DFM, DFT, DFQ, DFR, DFC
- Excellent knowledge of complex system level debugging and root cause analysis
- Expert knowledge in ECO, BOM and Deviation processes (Agile experience a plus)
- Knowledge of manufacturing, test, quality and reliability best practices
- Ability to establish technical direction through the investigation and evaluation of new manufacturing technologies
- Strong working knowledge of industry manufacturing standards, IPC, and JEDEC
- Working knowledge of lab equipment and tools, logic analyzers, oscilloscope etc.
- BS or MS degree
Arista is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.