Changing the IPMI Password
Changing the Password through the IPMI Web Interface
Under iDRAC Settings, go to User Authentication. The User Authentication page appears.
- Click the User ID number of the root account. The Configure User radio button should already be checked.
Click Next. The page appears, showing options for changing passwords.
- Select the Change Password checkbox.
- Enter the new password in the New Password and Confirm New Password boxes.
Click Apply to apply the password change.
- Logout, and then login through the iDRAC GUI to verify the change.
Changing the Password through the CLI
Resetting the iDRAC password can be done using the command line tool, racadm.
- Telnet or SSH into the Host IP.
Execute the following commands to change the iDRAC password.