We provide certain cloud-based services (e.g., Arista CloudVision and CloudVision CUE) to our corporate customers. If you are an end user of services provided by our customers based on our cloud services, then we act on behalf of our customer as a data processor and service provider. This means that our customer acts as a data controller and will provide information on how they collect and process your data using our Services. They are your contact for any questions you have about how they handle your personal information. Additionally, the policies relating to the collection and disclosure of personal information and the rights provided under certain applicable laws only relate to Arista’s direct actions as a business with you and not a service provider. For more information, please see the section below Acting as a Data Processor.
We also collect data that you choose to provide us, for example, by registering for an account with us, submitting product and service inquiries, purchasing products, partnership requests, and the like, or by otherwise communicating with us. The categories and specific types of personal information that Arista has collected in the past 12 months about you may include:
- contact information/identifiers, including your name, personal or business address, phone number, and/or email address;
- financial information, including credit or debit card number (if you’re purchasing directly through our website);
- sensitive personal information, including username and password;
- device information and other unique identifiers, including device identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, or similar unique identifiers; and
- internet or other network activity, including browsing or search history, and information regarding your interactions with our websites, mobile applications, emails, or advertisements.
We collect your personal information in the following ways, pursuant to applicable law:
- Directly From You, when you use our Services, register for an account, contact us, respond to a survey, and sign up to receive emails and/or postal mailings.
We use your personal information (including in certain instances your sensitive personal information) for the following business and commercial purposes ("Processing Purposes") associated with our general business operations. We do the following with your personal information:
- use your email address and other contact information to communicate with you, to provide you with product, service, or other information you have requested of us and to carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or your company and us, including providing warranty and technical support for our products and services;
- improve your interactions with our Site, such as by providing services based on your login;
- record and monitor your use of the Site and Services for internal purposes which may include analysis of usage, measurement of site performance, and generation of marketing reports;
- process a business transaction with you;
- use your personal information for everyday business purposes and to provide you the Services, such as account management, contract management, website administration, corporate governance, and reporting obligations;
- for marketing and promotional purposes to show you advertisements for products and/or services tailored to your interests on social media and other websites;
- to manage our business operations and exercise our rights under any agreement that you or your company has with us;
- to conduct research and analytics related to our Sites and Services, including combining any or all of the information that we collect or obtain;
- to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim; and
- to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property, or safety of Arista and our users, customers, employees, or others.
Legal Basis of Processing
- With Your Consent: In certain instances, we ask for your consent to process your personal information for specific purposes. Provision of your consent is voluntary, and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- To Perform a Contract With You: We will process your personal information when processing of your personal information is necessary for the evaluation, execution or performance of a contract with you.
- When We Have Legal Obligations: We will process your personal information when we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, if we are responding to a legal process or an enforceable government request, including law enforcement.
In some cases, the provision of personal information may be required by a statutory or contractual obligation.
We may disclose or transfer the personal information listed above to the parties and in the manner described below.
Our trusted service providers are under strict obligations to safeguard your data and only process it for our use; the data cannot be used by any other party or for any other purpose. For example, we do not allow the information that you provide to be used to market any third-party products or services to you.
Public Comments and Content: Over time, the Site may enable users to communicate in a variety of ways, such as posting of comments, messaging features, and the like. Any personal information that you voluntarily choose to submit through such a feature will be available to other users who have access to that content. Once you make your personal information available to others in any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction.
Government Entities, Regulators and Other Third Parties: We may disclose personal information where a government, regulatory body, or the law requires us to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose personal information for legal reasons, as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to: (a) satisfy any applicable law, legal process, or proper governmental request; (b) enforce any agreement we may have entered into with you or your company, including investigating any violations or asserting remedies; (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; (d) protect against harm (whether tangible or intangible) to the rights, property, or safety of Arista, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law; and (e) establish or exercise our rights, defend against a legal claim, and investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities or a violation of our policies. Arista further commits to challenging, as reasonable in its sole discretion, any request it deems unlawful in whole or in part.
Business Transaction: We may also disclose your personal information to a potential or actual buyer in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), including any due diligence related to such a transaction.
De-identified or Aggregated Information: Finally, we may aggregate and anonymize information you provide to us in such a way as to ensure it will no longer be identifiable to you. This data may be used for statistical, analytic, and administrative purposes, including analyzing our website traffic and trends, tailoring our Services, or conducting product analysis. We may share anonymized or aggregated data at our discretion, in accordance with applicable laws.
You may be able to make the following choices regarding your personal information:
Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications.
Account Updates. We encourage you to keep the personal information you share with us up to date. If you have created or been given an account with us, some of your personal information is available for you to update yourself. Your account is protected by a password, and it is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and login details.
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights with respect to your personal information. For example, under local applicable laws, including in the European Union, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, you may have the following rights:
- Correction/Rectification: You have the right to request that we correct or supplement any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we process about you.
- Deletion/Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
- Access: You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you, along with other information such as the purposes of the processing, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal information has been or will be disclosed, the sources of the personal information, retention, and transfers of personal information.
- Data Portability: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we provide the personal information that you provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format; and you have the right to transmit such personal information to another entity.
- Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information in certain cases. Where applicable, the respective personal information will be marked accordingly and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Objection to Processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
If you choose to assert any of these rights under applicable laws, we will respond within the time period prescribed by applicable law. Please note that many of the above rights are subject to exceptions and limitations. If we are not able to provide the requested information or make the change you requested, you will be provided with the reasons for such decisions. Under applicable law, you may be entitled to lodge a complaint with your local data-protection authority.
If you are a California resident and the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") applies to our processing of your personal information, we provide this additional information so you can understand and exercise your rights under the CCPA.
We use and disclose your personal information for the Processing Purposes set out in the "How Will We Use The Personal Information That We Collect?" and the "To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?" sections above.
When the CCPA applies, California residents will have the following rights:
- Right to access personal information, right to data portability, right to deletion/erasure of personal information, and right to correction/rectification of inaccurate personal information, as described in the section above entitled "Your Privacy Rights".
Do not Sell or Share my Personal Information:
- Right to prohibit/opt out of the "sale" or "share" of personal information: You have the right to prohibit/opt out of the "sale" or "share" of personal information. However, Arista does not "Sell" or "share" your personal data.
Sensitive Personal Information:
- Right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of Sensitive Personal Information. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes other than those which cannot be limited under California law.
After you make your request, we will use the information we have about you to verify your identity (and if applicable, your authorized agent’s identity). Our verification process may include a request for additional information to confirm your identity or your authorized agent’s identity (such as your name, email address, and date of birth) or to obtain proof that you have given your authorized agent permission to act on your behalf. If our verification process is successful, we will respond to your request within the time and in the manner required by applicable law.
If you designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf, we will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual, you must attach a copy of the following information to the request:
- A completed Authorized Agent Designation Form (or equivalent form) indicating that you have authorization to act on the individual’s behalf.
- If you are a business, proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
If you are a current or former California Arista employee, please reference our Arista Employee Policy.
If you are a California applicant, please reference our Arista Applicant Policy.
Our Sites and Services do not target and are not intended to attract children or minors under the age of 16. Arista does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or minors under the age of 16 or send them requests for personal information. If you believe we have collected personal information from a person under 16 years old without the consent of their parent or legal guardian, please let us know immediately by contacting us as indicated below and providing sufficient information so we can act appropriately.
Arista does not track its customers over time or across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
With respect to some of our cloud-based product and service offerings, Arista acts merely as a data processor of our corporate customers’ data, which may include your personal information as an end user of services provided by our customers. For example, if we provide a coffee shop with an Arista CloudVision CUE solution and they use it to provide guest Wi-Fi access to you as a patron, we are merely a data processor for the coffee shop, and the coffee shop is the data controller. In that situation, you - as a patron - should work directly with the coffee shop to understand how they use your data. While we still maintain this data securely and in accordance with the principles of this policy, there are a few aspects of this policy that apply specifically to this situation. They are:
- Our customers provide the same or similar types of data about themselves and about you as we list above, but the extent of collected data is dependent on our customers’ settings and the information that you choose to share with our customers. While you should contact the relevant customer directly, information stored about you additionally may include device identifiers (e.g., MAC or IP addresses) for devices visible to or connected to the Services, device activity, time, location and configuration data, applications used, and/or websites accessed;
- Arista only processes this data on the instructions of our customers, the data controllers;
- In this capacity, Arista provides data storage and system management for our customers’ systems;
- Arista may use anonymized or pseudo-anonymized aspects of this customer data to analyze and improve Arista’s products and Services;
- Because our customers provide the data and we process it only on their instructions, we have given our customers the tools to respond to any data inquiries, such as those relating to access, processing restrictions, deletion, and the like; we therefore will direct, when necessary, such inquiries to our customers and work with them to respond if they need our assistance. Please direct any inquiries regarding exercising your rights to your personal information to the company whose services you are directly using; and
- Our customers will determine how long the personal information which you have provided to them is retained; please contact them in the first instance with any questions.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
As noted above, our Sites and Services may contain links to websites, content, or services owned or operated by third parties. Please note, we have no control over the privacy practices of websites or services that we do not own. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website or application for details about what information is collected and how it is used and/or disclosed.
As we are a company with a global presence and affiliates around the world, your personal information will generally be transferred to the United States and various other locations around the world both inside and outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), as needed to carry out the purposes described above, based on appropriate transfer mechanisms, including Standard Contractual Clauses and within the bounds set forth herein.
Effective Date: December 29, 2022
Last Updated Date: December 29, 2022
As part of our recruitment and pre-employment activities, the categories and specific types of Personal Information that Arista collects about you - particularly when you offer it - may include:
- Contact Information/Identifiers: name, gender, age, date of birth, email address, mailing address, telephone number, social media profiles, and in certain instances, identification documents, residency and work permit status, social security number, or other taxpayer/government identification number (which may also be considered Sensitive Personal Information).
- Professional and Employment-Related Information: professional qualifications, prior employment history, education history, additional information included in curriculum vitae, or references.
- Interview Information: notes collected by interviewers or other professional assessment information.
- Pre-employment Screening: if we offer you a job, we may collect additional background information such as credit history and eligibility information (as permitted by law).
- Device Information and Other Unique Identifiers: device identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, or similar unique identifiers (to the extent you apply or otherwise interact with the Arista careers portal).
- Sensitive Personal Information (where permitted and in accordance with applicable law): of the information listed above, social security number or other tax ID, driver’s license number, racial or ethnic origin, trade union membership, health and medical information (including where required, drug screening results), sexual orientation, and/or criminal history may also qualify as Sensitive Personal Information.
In some instances, the provision of the Sensitive Personal Information listed above is voluntary. We will let you know when that is the case, and, if you decide not to share these with us, not doing so will not impact your application.
We collect your Personal Information in the following ways, pursuant to applicable law:
- Directly From You, when you create an account and profile in the Arista careers portal; share or use your social media profile to access the Arista career portal; sign up with us to receive open job postings; share your resume with us, either via the Arista careers portal or through other means; and/or participate in interviews or other recruitment activities.
- Other Sources, including employment or recruitment agencies, background check providers, references, or other publicly available sources.
We use your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information for the following business purposes ("Processing Purposes") associated with the administration of your application and our general business operations:
- To review and consider your application.
- For pre-employment screening if we decide to offer you employment.
- To consider you for opportunities we have now, or future ones, with Arista.
- To administer recruitment and staffing activities.
- To manage and improve our recruitment processes and our business operations related to the recruitment process.
- To comply with applicable laws, legal obligations and/or protect our legal interests.
- We use Sensitive Personal Information to evaluate Arista’s progress in achieving its diversity hiring goals, to ensure equal opportunity monitoring and reporting, to meet legal obligations, including providing workforce accommodations and for disability and workplace safety tracking administration.
If you are offered and accept employment with Arista, the information collected during the application and recruitment process may become part of your employment record. With regard to Sensitive Personal Information, we only use your Sensitive Personal Information to process and administer your application.
Arista may disclose, all categories of Personal Information listed above to the following parties for the Processing Purposes identified above:
- Within Arista. We may disclose information to Arista affiliates and subsidiaries in the course of our normal business operations and as needed to address our corporate structure.
- Service Providers. As part of normal business operations, Arista may disclose Personal Information to third-party service providers, including in connection with recruiting and human resources support, information technology and security support, and other normal business operations support.
- Government Entities or Regulators. Arista may disclose Personal Information to governmental agencies and regulators (e.g., tax authorities, social security administration), external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, and auditors), courts and other tribunals, and government authorities, to the extent required or permitted by applicable law.
- Business Transactions. In the event of mergers, reorganizations or similar corporate restructuring activities, we may disclose information with that company. In some instances, this may include your Personal Information.
Legal Basis For Processing Your Personal Information
If applicable, Arista relies on the following legal grounds for the collection, processing, and use of your Personal Information:
- With Your Consent: In certain circumstances, we ask for your consent to process your Personal Information for specific purposes. Provision of your consent is voluntary, and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, in certain cases, withholding your consent may prevent us from proceeding with certain aspects of the recruitment process.
- When Pursuing Legitimate Interests: We process your Personal Information for our legitimate interests, such as to improve our recruitment process to ensure that we are able to hire suitable candidates and those of third parties while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy.
- To Perform a Contract With You: We will process your Personal Information when processing of your Personal Information is necessary (e.g., for potentially entering into an employment relationship with you or the execution or performance of a contract with you).
- When We Have Legal Obligations: We will process your Personal Information when we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, if we are responding to a legal process or an enforceable government request.
In some cases, your provision of Personal Information may be required by a statutory obligation or be necessary for us to enter into an employment/contractor relationship with you.
You may have certain rights regarding your Personal Information. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your Personal Information and the requirements under applicable law (i.e., your rights will vary depending on whether you are located in, for example, California, the European Union, or United Kingdom). Specifically, you may have the following rights:
- Access: You have the right to request access to the Personal Information we hold about you, along with other information such as the purposes of the processing, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the Personal Information has been or will be disclosed, the sources of the Personal Information, retention, and transfers of Personal Information.
- Correction/ Rectification: You have the right to request correction/rectification of inaccurate Personal Information we have about you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Deletion/ Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information.
- Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your Personal Information. Where applicable, the respective Personal Information will be marked accordingly and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Data Portability: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the Personal Information about you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Objection to Processing: You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Information by us. Where such right applies, we will no longer process the relevant Personal Information for such purposes.
- Opt out of the sale or sharing of Personal Information: We do not sell or share (in this context, "share" means use of your Personal Information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising) your Personal Information.
- Right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of Sensitive Personal Information. We do not disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those which cannot be limited under California law.
Please note that many of the above rights are subject to exceptions and limitations. Your rights and our responses will vary based on the circumstances of the request. If you choose to assert any of these rights under applicable law, we will respond within the time period prescribed by such law.
Depending on where you are located, a person authorized to act on your behalf may make a verifiable request related to your Personal Information. If you designate an authorized person to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf, we will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf.
Your request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative of that person; and (ii) describe the request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Arista will retain your Personal Information, including Sensitive Personal Information, only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the above-mentioned Processing Purposes, or as required to comply with applicable legal requirements. Even when the recruitment and pre-employment screening activities are complete, we may need to keep it longer because of a legal action, or an investigation involving Arista. Generally, if you are not hired by Arista, your details will be held in our database for up to two years after submission of your application.
As we are a company with a global presence and affiliates around the world, your Personal Information will generally be transferred to the United States and various other locations around the world both inside and outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), as needed to carry out the purposes described above, based on appropriate transfer mechanisms, including Standard Contractual Clauses and within the bounds set forth herein.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
We do not consider for employment, nor knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children who are not of legal age to consent to the collection and use of their Personal Information. We do not knowingly sell or share Personal Information of minors under the age of 16.
Changes to our Applicant Policy
Effective Date: December 29, 2022
Last Updated Date: December 29, 2022
Cookies used on this Site include the following:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: these cookies allow you to access and navigate around our Site, use its features, and access secure areas. The information gathered by these cookies is used for information security purposes. If the use of this type of cookie is not allowed, certain parts of our Site cannot be used. An example includes login-related cookies.
- Functional Cookies: these cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Performance/Analytics Cookies: these cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. This includes the number of visitors to the Site, from where the visitors have come to the Site, and the pages that were visited within our Site. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies are collected in an anonymized form.
- Targeting Cookies: With our permission, this type of cookie is placed on our Site by third parties such as advertising networks. These cookies are used to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign and remember your visit and may be used by those companies solely on our behalf.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or "like" button on our website or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. The social network may record that you have done this.
Your cookies settings will be remembered based on your choices in the banner and/or Privacy Preference Center. If you delete the cookies from your browser program or use another browser, you may be asked your preferences again.
You can find more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject them generally, here. Also, you can find information about how to manage cookies in your specific browser at the following sites: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Windows Explorer.
Effective Date: December 29, 2022
Last Updated Date: December 29, 2022