Arista 7500R Series Universal Spine and Cloud Networks
Designed for large virtualized and cloud networks the Arista 7500R Series modular switches are the industry’s highest performance universal spine switches. They combine 100G density with internet scale table sizes and comprehensive L2 and L3 features. Advanced EOS features for network monitoring, precision timing, VXLAN network virtualization and EVPN are combined with extensive hardware resources with a rich choice of systems and line cards to support lasting investment protection.
The 7500R Series enable highly scalable cloud network designs with MLAG, ECMP and VXLAN technologies.
The Arista 7500R Series FlexRouteTM engine and EOS NetDB provides the scalability to support Internet IP routing scale with the lowest power consumption and fast convergence while scaling to millions of routes.
Arista AlgoMatch™ enables more flexible access controls with expanded scale across more fields with full capacity while providing additional capabilities for filtering. AlgoMatch is also the enabler for increased network telemetry using sFlow to sample traffic at hundreds of gigabits per second per line card.
High Performance Universal Spine
- Non-blocking 150Tbps of system capacity
- High density 10/25/40/50/100G ethernet
- 576 wire speed 100G ports
- Ultra deep buffers up to 24GB per line card
- Class leading latency of 3.5usec
- 9.6Tbps of fabric capacity per line card
- 13,824 Virtual Output Queues per port to eliminate head of line blocking
- 200G and 400G ready
- Single binary image
- Fine-grained truly modular network OS
- Scalable control plane for internet peering
- Extensible platform - bash, python, C++ , GO, OpenConfig
- Resilient self-healing software
- Rich Streaming Telemetry solutions
Scalable Cloud Designs
- Comprehensive L2 and L3 feature sets
- Internet scale IPv4 and IPv6 forwarding tables
- Up to 69Bpps of wire speed forwarding
- CloudVision provisioning and automation
- VXLAN for next generation DC
- LANZ for microburst detection
- Accelerated sFlow for high capacity network security and application monitoring
Arista 7500R Series Technical Specifications
The Arista 7500R Series of modular switches deliver the industry’s highest performance with 150Tbps of system throughput to meet the needs of the largest scale data centers. With a choice of systems the 7500R Series provides four, eight, twelve or sixteen line card modules, two supervisor modules, and six fabric modules. Designed for continuous operations and with system wide monitoring of hardware and software components, simple serviceability and provisioning to prevent single points of failure the hardware architecture supports high-availability with hot-swap of all components.
Available in a compact system design, as a choice of 16, 12, 8 and 4 slot, the Arista 7500R Series enables a full range of wirespeed ports from 1G to 100G. It lowers total cost of ownership as it is designed to be efficient with power per port as low as 25W per 100GbE port which combined with front to rear cooling to optimize the data center environment produces the most reliable, dense and power efficient modular switch.
|Description||Delivers highest capacity, lowest power, and fastest Ethernet switching system.||Delivers the highest density, lowest power, and fastest Ethernet switching system.||Delivers high density, low power non-blocking Ethernet switching system.||Seven rack units of awesomeness, optimum form-factor for many mid-size deployments.|
|Linecard Capacity||9.6 Tbps||9.6 Tbps||9.6 Tbps||9.6 Tbps|
|Forwarding Rate||69 Bpps||51 Bpps||34.5 Bpps||17.3 Bpps|
|Airflow||Front to Rear||Front to Rear||Front to Rear||Front to Rear|
The 7500R modular chassis can accommodate a combination of the 7500E line cards or 7500R line cards providing a rich choice of density and speed:
7500R2 Line Cards Comparison:
The 7500R Series offer a broad choice of line cards with a choice of speed and density options up to 36 ports of wire speed 100G and 40G. Every 100GbE interface supports a choice of 5 speeds including 25G and 50G providing unparalleled flexibility and the ability to seamlessly transition data centers to the next generation of Ethernet performance.
|Ports||36 x 100G QSFP||36 x 100G QSFP||48x 10G and 2x 100G|
|Max 25GbE||144||144||20 (12 + 8)|
|Max 10GbE||144||144||56 (48 + 8)|
|Switching Capacity||3.6 Tbps||3.6 Tbps||860 Gbps|
|Forwarding Rate||3.34 Bpps||3.34 Bpps||837 Mpps|
Combined with the highly modular, robust Extensible Operating System (EOS), a dynamic smart deep buffer architecture with virtual output queuing for lossless forwarding, low latency and wire speed performance, the Arista 7500R line cards enable scalable and high performance data center solutions.
Each 7500R Series line card delivers a consistent set of features supporting layer 2 and layer 3 data center designs with predictable and linear scaling. Arista's FlexRoute Engine enables full Internet routing coupled with support for a variety of IP/MPLS/VxLAN protocols.
|MAC Table Size||768K||768K||768K|
|Maximum IPv4 Host Routes||768K||768K||768K|
|Maximum IPv6 Host Routes||768K||768K||768K|
|Maximum ACL Entries||24K||24K||24K|
|Maximum IPv4 Route Prefixes||1.3M||1.3M||2M|
|Maximum IPv6 Route Prefixes||1M||1M||1.4M|
|Maximum Multicast Routes||768K||768K||768K|
Arista 7500R Series Technical Architecture
The Arista 7500R Series is designed with the latest in switching silicon and software.
The Arista 7500 Series leverages a deep buffer virtual output queue (VOQ) architecture that is 100% efficient, eliminates head-of-line (HOL) blocking and virtually eliminates packet drops even in the most congested network scenarios. An advanced traffic scheduler fairly allocates bandwidth between all virtual output queues while accurately following queue disciplines including weighted fair queuing, fixed priority, or hybrid schemes. As a result, the Arista 7500 can handle the most demanding data center requirements with ease, including mixed traffic loads of real-time, multicast, and storage traffic while still delivering low latency.
7500R Architecture Advantages:
- Investment protection - backward and forward line card compatibility
- Consistent 7500 Series architecture ensures seamless migrations
- Distributed packet processor scales forwarding capacity linearly
- FlexRoute technology for Internet route table scale with low power draw
- System wide health monitoring
- Dynamic deep buffers for the most demanding traffic scenarios
- Virtual Output Queues avoid head of line blocking
- Cell based fabric for 100% efficiency and consistent low latency and jitter
- Fabric N+1 redundancy for no performance degradation
- QOS Fabric fairness - no hot-spots
Bulk data encryption at scale, high performance and cost effectively is a major challenge for cloud data centers. The Arista MACsec solution is integrated to a 7500R Series 36 port 100G line card offering high port density and secure performance at an efficient cost point. The 7500R MACsec solution is fully compatible with all other 7500R Series line cards and utilizes proven encryption technology to protect traffic for simple and scalable data center interconnect. In addition with a choice of pluggable 100G optics it can be used to secure links between tiers in leaf and spine data center designs.
Standards-based IEEE 802.1AE (MAC Security standard, referred to as MACsec) capabilities provide line-rate frame encryption and authentication. This ensures confidentiality as well as providing anti-replay protection and therefore confidence in the integrity of encrypted traffic.
- High density MACsec solution for Cloud Data Centers integrated with 7500R for highest density and performance in a modular platform
- Cost and performance optimized for Data Center Interconnect (DCI) and Leaf-Spine connections to securely transport massive volumes of traffic
- Secure transport of data over distance with MACsec encryption eliminating additional intermediate devices
- 36 port 100G line card delivers full 7.2Tb of bandwidth
- Delivers up to 4.32 Billion packets per second of wire speed L2 and L3 IP forwarding
- Internet scale IPv4 and IPv6 forwarding tables
- Compatible with all 10G, 40G and 100G line cards for 7500R Series
- IEEE 802.1AE MACsec 100G encryption on all ports
- Pluggable 100G QSFP optics for pay as you grow expansion
- 24GB of deep buffer packet memory and Virtual Output Queue architecture to eliminate head of line blocking and packet drops due to congestion
- .7500R Series Quick Look
- .7500R Series Data Sheet
- .7500R Q&A
- .7500RM MACsec Data Sheet
- .Quick Reference Guide
- .MACsec Configuration and Operation White Paper
- .7500R Series Investment Protection
- .Universal Cloud Network
- .Big Buffers for Big Data Applications
- .7500R Series Architecture
- .7500 Series Interface Flexibility
- .VXLAN: Scaling Data Center Designs
- .IP Storage Next Generation Platforms White Paper
- .Routing Architecture Transformations and Use cases
- .FlexRoute White Paper
- .AlgoMatch Product Brief
- .Modular Config Switches Visio Stencils