Simple, Scalable, Secure
Wi-Fi is the primary access mechanism for devices in enterprise networks, and the number of devices continues to expand along with the amount of data being transferred. Ensuring devices have seamless connectivity and smooth application experience is critical and requires the Wi-Fi network to perform flawlessly. Arista’s Cognitive Wi-Fi provides reliable connectivity, automatically optimizes connections as network conditions change and delivers actionable intelligence to network administrators.
Arista Wi-Fi provides network administrators full visibility of the entire wireless network through a single graphical network topology map. Every state of client connectivity is tracked to provide rich telemetry data that allows admins to understand the root cause of any issues. Multi-function radios in access points and the patented AI/ML driven App Quality of Experience engine provides auto root cause analysis and auto remediation while also providing a whole new level of visibility into user experience. As networks scale up with more access points, this visibility is crucial to efficiently manage and maintain the network.
Scalable & Flexible Wireless Architecture
Arista’s Wi-Fi architecture overcomes the challenges and limitations of the legacy controller architecture through a highly scalable management plane built using cloud principles, a distributed control plane and a modern data plane architecture.
- Seamless and limitless scaling
- No single points of failure
- Flexible data path options
Secure Wi-Fi Networking
Increasing numbers of connected end user and IoT devices on campus networks makes them attractive targets to cyber criminals. Arista’s Wi-Fi solution is built on a Zero Trust architecture and includes a full suite of security capabilities.
- Recognized as the industry leading Wireless Intrusion Prevention System
- Secure BYOD policy enforcement
- Zero Trust Networking
Wireless Access Points
Choose from a broad range of indoor and outdoor Wi-Fi 6 and the latest Wi-Fi 6E access points.
- Indoor, outdoor, rugged environment
- Zero touch onboarding
- Multifunction radios and multi-gigabit uplinks options
IE University Tower in Madrid needed a best-of-breed, high-capacity network to meet the demands of its innovative learning environment. After careful evaluation of available technology, IE University chose Arista to deliver a Wi-Fi and networking solution with a cloud-based management system to enable it to provide fast, reliable connectivity for students on campus and deliver high-fidelity audio and video for remote learners.
Latest Release Updates
Learn more about the new features and enhancements in CloudVision CUE as well as the recently introduced Wi-Fi 6E access points.
- New Wi-Fi 6E access point - C330
- Securely connect access points to RADIUS server using RadSec
- Enhancements to the Unique-PSK
- New API sandboxes for testing
- Additional alerts and troubleshooting
Let us show you how Arista Wi-Fi can provide visibility, control and security for your wireless network.
CloudVision CUE (CV-CUE) is at the core of Arista’s cloud-native approach to enterprise Wi-Fi networks. It enables centralized management of APs which remarkably simplifies policy management and provisioning of Wi-Fi networks. At the network edge, APs are equipped with distributed algorithms to handle control plane functions locally. This decoupling of management and control planes, along with a flexible data plane that allows wireless access points to provide customizable traffic redirection at the network's edge, results in a more robust network, without a single point of failure. Thus, CV-CUE enables seamless scaling of the network from a few to 1000s of APs.
With virtually unlimited and elastic availability of storage and compute resources, the Arista Wi-Fi solution eliminates artificial boundaries inherent in controller-based WLAN architectures. Naturally, it enables many innovative, previously unforeseen applications in big data analytics, machine learning and cognitive computing in the context of Wi-Fi.
Cognitive Management Plane
CloudVision CUE is powered by a cognitive management plane which simplifies configuration and troubleshooting while delivering richer telemetry to network administrators. The innovative cognition plane uses AI and ML techniques to provide root cause analysis and proactive problem resolution options to reduce the mean time to resolve problems, minimizing network troubleshooting effort and reducing total cost of ownership
|Network Baselining||Baselines network behavior and automatically detects and highlights anomalies, using ML algorithms.|
|Root Cause Analysis Engine||Automatically detects and classifies Wi-Fi clients’ connection failures and pinpoints the root cause in real-time.|
|Single Client Inferencing||Identifies clients facing poor QoE, based on RF, network and application KPIs and performs root cause analysis for specific clients.|
|Automatic Packet Capture||Proactively captures packet traces to help diagnose problems; traces are stored alongside related failures or symptoms to simplify troubleshooting later.|
|Client Emulation and Network Profiling||Takes advantage of the multi-function radio, present in most Arista Wi-Fi APs, turning it into a client to run a wide variety of tests and proactively identify problems before users do.|
The Cognitive Management Plane is driven by Arista’s NetDB, a state-based, cloud-hosted, network-wide database that collects real-time data streamed from wired and wireless devices for cognitive analytics. CloudVision CUE’s capabilities can be extended further by integration with 3rd party applications using OpenConfig and Arista’s ReST API framework.
Wireless Intrusion Prevention
With a multi-function radio acting as a dedicated wireless intrusion prevention (WIPS) sensor, wireless threats are detected and blocked almost instantly in your network. CV-CUE works with the APs, which are powered by patented techniques such as Marker PacketsTM, to enable surgical over-the-air intrusion prevention, automatically and accurately creating alerts and classifying wireless threats. CloudVision CUE uses behavior based detection of threats; rather than a signature based approach; to enable zero day protection without chasing exploits, tools and their signatures.
Secure Client Access
CV-CUE supports flexible end user access management in enterprise Wi-Fi networks by enabling seamless integration with leading identity management solutions such as Aruba ClearPass, ForeScout NAC, Cisco ISE etc. Arista Guest Manager provides multiple ways for guest access in the enterprise including Guestbook, vouchers, OTP-based etc.
Choose from a broad range of indoor and outdoor Wi-Fi 6 and the latest Wi-Fi 6E access points to provide reliable and high performing wireless connectivity for users.
Wi-Fi 6E Access Points
Wi-Fi 6E is the latest Wi-Fi technology in use, and the Arista Wi-Fi 6E access points provide maximized wireless performance for high bandwidth, ultra low-latency applications and IoT connectivity. Wi-Fi 6E access points are designed for immediate and future worldwide operation with investment protection.
Explore Wi-Fi 6E Access Points
Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
All Arista Wi-Fi Access Points support WIPS functionality, either via the multi-function radio or with background scan enabled on the access radios.Wi-Fi 6 is ideal for critical, high-density networks serving a high volume of diverse clients and applications. Common deployment scenarios include large schools, large remote offices, auditoriums, meeting rooms, and enterprise campuses. A variety of access points for indoor or outdoor use is available.
Explore Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
Hardware Data Sheets
- .C-360 Datasheet
- .C-330 Datasheet
- .C-260 Datasheet
- .C-250 Datasheet
- .C-230E Datasheet
- .C-230 Datasheet
- .C-200 Datasheet
- .O-235E Datasheet
- .O-235 Datasheet
- .W-318 Datasheet
- .Access Point Comparison Matrix
- .Access Point Mounting Brackets
Software and Services Data Sheets
- .Arista Cognitive Wi-Fi Solution Brief
- .CloudVision CUE Datasheet
- .P-Tracer Datasheet
- .Guest Manager Datasheet
Guides and FAQs
- .Wi-Fi Quick Start Guide
- .Wireless FAQ
- .Wi-Fi 6 and 6E FAQ
- .Arista C-360 Solution Brief
- .Arista C-360 Access Points Best Practices Deployment Guide
- .Remote Access Point (RAP) Solution Brief
- .Antenna Selection Guide
- .Arista and Pole Star Location Services for Healthcare
- .Arista and Forescout Integration Solution Brief
- .Leviton: Cabling for the Next Wave of Enterprise Wireless
- .Leviton: Structured Cabling Considerations for 2.5GBASE-T & 5GBASE-T
- .Remote Access Point Design Guide
- .Accessing IT Resources Securely, with Single Sign On
White Papers and Application Notes
- .Arista Cognitive Campus Network
- .Wi-Fi 6E and Future-Proofing Wireless Infrastructure
- .Multi-User MIMO in Wi-Fi 6
- .Distributed Control Plane Architecture for Highly Scalable and Resilient Wi-Fi
- .Wi-Fi & Private 5G: Which to use where?
- .Wi-Fi 6: A technological leap for Next Generation Enterprise Wi-Fi Networks
- .6GHz Wi-Fi: The Silver Bullet for High-Speed Wi-Fi
- .Security of the Arista Wi-Fi Cloud White Paper
- .App Note: Application QoE
- .App Note: Automated Anomaly Detection
- .App Note: MAC Randomization
- .Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- .App Note: How Arista’s UPSK Overcomes the Challenges of WPA3 and MAC Randomization
- .App Note: Solving for Wireless Segmentation at Scale Using MSS-G UPSK
- .App Note: Wi-Fi API
- .Spatial Reuse in Wi-Fi 6 | Nadeem Akhtar | WLPC Prague 2022
- .Automated Root Cause Analysis in Wireless Networks | Karan Gupta | WLPC Prague 2022
- .Arista Networks Automated Wi-Fi RCA - Episode 1
- .Vendor Specific API's and Open Config | Nadeem Akhtar | WLPC 2022 Phoenix
- .Preamble Puncturing in 802.11ax and 802.11be | Jatin Parekh | WLPC 2022 Phoenix
- .Practical Considerations for Deploying Wi-Fi 6E | Jatin Parekh | WLPC 2022 Phoenix
- .Wi-Fi 7: Multilink Operation | Metka Dragos | WLPC 2022 Phoenix
- .Industry Insights Keynotes | Pramod Badjate | COMSNETS 2022
- .Extending Arista's Cognitive Edge Campus Solution with Wi-Fi 6E
- .Arista C-360 Access Point Data Sheet
- .Arista Networks The Cloud Networking Decade
- .Arista Networks UCN Design for Campus
- .Automated Root Cause Analysis in Wireless Networks
- Using Wi-Fi 6E to meet enterprise IoT and collaborative applications requirements - October 28, 2021
- Cognitive Wi-Fi for Collaboration, Video and Chat Applications - May 21, 2020
- Designing and Controlling Wired and Wireless Access through Arista Wi-Fi, PoE and CloudVision - June 20, 2019
- Arista Cognitive Campus: CloudVision with Wi-Fi - October 25, 2018